I have been having problems with sleeping lately. My company is opening several new franchise mega stores and there is a lot of work that has to be done (on time, with no mistakes allowed). This is all making me very nervous, and I am thinking about the job all the time. I have been prescribed with Amitriptyline for sleep disorders. Will that drug help me at all?

Insomnia is one of the several conditions that Amitriptylin can deal with, but this is not approved. Actually, this is a medicament that primarily is used for those people who suffer from depression, anxiety, melancholia, even bed wetting in small children. In some countries it is also used for treating migraine. I think it should be effective for you, just look out for some of the side effects that could happen (weight loss or gain, dizziness, drowsiness).

I was given amitryptylin to help me sleep and take the pain away from a pinched nerve in my neck which then was radiating from my shoulder and then down thru my arm. I take it only sparingly as is necessary and it has helped.. I am suffering from anxiety/stress also. It does help me sleep, but now i am having some side effect which im not sure are all associated with the drug.. Yes i do now have excessive sleepiness even during the day, especially when i am not active or busy.. But i am now also having very lucid and crazy dreams, which sometimes are including sleep paralysis as well.. I generally dont dream on a regular basis so to actually be/having dreams is very uncommon for me.. I am not sure if this is a side effect of the medicine but it is something to consider..