Now I can choose and I need your help with this. I am offered with Ambien, Valium and Phenergan as treatment for my insomnia. Which is better for sleep, Ambien, Valium or Phenergan? Did you have any experience with any of these drugs or any other chronic insomnia treatment ? Which one I should use, I really need to get some sleep.

When I had problems with night sleep I was prescribed with Valium. That drug helped me a lot. I stop with further use when I decide that I do not need it any more. On some other occasion I had to take Phenergan for allergies and was amazed with its put to sleep effects. On the other hand, my wife used to take Ambien. I think that you and your doctor must make some strategy, hove to find best medication for your sleep problems.

Phenergan is an excellent in addition too sleep aid. I take Lunesta, which hardly works, but when I add Phenergan 25mg it does the trick. Occasionally I will dose 50mg if I am extremely nauseated and restless. Not often though do I dose 50mg, that is pretty heavy.

Best sleep I ever had was on 100mg of trazadone, 10mg of Ambien and 25mg phenergan together! Good night, Good night, but be ready for at least twelve hours or more.

So Taking Ambien and Phenergan is safe then?

Cause right now im on 10mg ambien, and im nauseated for whatever reason, so i want to take 25mg of phenergan to help that. Cause im all doped from the Ambien but cant sleep cause of my tummy :-(

Just makin sure this is ok. I scare easily when it comes to perscription drugs lol.

Take the valium any day over thoss othrt bs pills .they might as well be sguar pills.do noy let a doc fool u of a a Benzodiazepine.

I just added G Monster Sleeping aid to my supplements Program; it has helped me sleep and has been helping me recover my muscles from the brutal training that I put on my self. It gives me a little buzz before bed and that is good for me because I do not drink, since alcohol weakens athletic performance.

6 Perfect meals a day

Work 6 hours a day; 7 days a week
Sleep 8 hours a day; 7 days a week
Train 6 hours a day; 5 days a week
1 heaping tablespoon of G Monster 30 minutes before bed.

Wake up: 2 tablespoons of Metamucil (this is to remove the bi-products and soreness from my body brutal training
Immediately drop a deuce, and then have first meal.

Late Morning
1.5 hours: Boxing; Muay Thai; Jui-Jitsu
30 minutes circuit weights
3 times a week; mixing it up every time
1 hour: stretch

Post meal replacement while sitting in an ice bath

Late After Noon
1 hour: Boxing; Muay Thai; Jui-Jitsu; Wrestling
90 Minutes: Bikram Yoga or Power Yoga or Gimnastics
30 minutes: stretch

Post meal replacements while sitting in an ice bath

30 Minutes before bed I take G Monster to help me sleep; when training like this, my body is tired but my mind does not want to shut off; I was sitting in bed thinking and thinking. G Monster has the ability to help me relax and get the REM sleep plus the GH response to rest and recover for my next brutal day ahead of me.

I bought the G Monster from

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I have always had a problem falling asleep and i have never seen a doctor for it. i have always blamed myself since it is mostly my mind that keeps me awake but while pregnant i went into early labor and was sent home with vistiril a muscle relaxer, that night, i slept so good it was amazing. then a year or two later i had some cosmetic surgey and was prescribed valium actualy diazipam, a generic, and well it had the exact same effect, i slept amazingly. i am going to try some homeopathic melatonin but i have a feeling it wont have the same effact as vistiril or valium. am I addicted to medications or do i have a sleeping problem i dont know. i no longer have any access to visitril or diazipam but i so badly feel like i need it or want it. damn i wish they werent all gone i love not waiting till 4 am to go to bed. i like going to bed with my husband at 9 or 10 like normal people. i wihs you luck but i hope i find myself some too.

genovera wrote:

Now I can choose and I need your help with this. I am offered with Ambien, Valium and Phenergan as treatment for my insomnia. Which is better for sleep, Ambien, Valium or Phenergan? Did you have any experience with any of these drugs? Which one I should use, I really need to get some sleep.[/quote
hi njust thought id give my opinion ive tried all three and the phenergan is good yet not addictive so for that reason its the best valium is good for the short term use hope this helps :)

Valium is an anti-anxyolitic. Phenergan is an anti-histamine. Most drugs are addictive . Especially the benzodiazapines.
The only safe drug for insomnia is Temazepam. Take it and lie-down. Do not remain active.

which web site is best for ordering Ambien? I ordered generic Ambien it was like taking nothing!

I was taking melatonin and valium worked in the beginning then slowly stopped. I am only on 5mg of valium. My dr said if I upped it I would sleep better. He also gave me a scrip for ambien to try if I want. I am worried with ambien because I know people that have gotten up and did things in there sleep they did not remember the next day. Also valium has a bad rep as being addicted and so forth. I love valium the side effects for me are nothing and it helps with naseau also which is nice. 

Quote: I think it is important for you to see a sleep specialist/neurologist. I hope everything goes well.

I have had all three. For me Phenergan does nothing to promote sleep, only helps me with tummy stuff. If this puts you to sleep you probably don't have a serious problem getting to sleep. 

Ambien can work but it is way too weird for me. I found myself wanting to stay awake instead of sleeping and I would end up doing strange, bizarre, impulsive, and sometimes embarrassing things throughout the night that I would not remember the next day...and sometimes in these states I would evidently take even more of the pills and have these tripped out episodes where I thought crazy things like I was in a spaceship once for example, and another time I thought my house was packed full of asian people. Mind you this was all unwanted, it's like they let out your little mischevious subconscious self or something, I didn't care for that at all. I get the impression that they make you dream, whether you are awake or not. 

For me the benzos act in a very predictable fashion and do exactly what they are supposed to do with no weird stuff. And they kinda feel nice as they settle you into the relaxation needed for sleep. I currently take temazapam and it works great.

Hope this helps.  

i was prescribed phenergan as a nausea med and told it could cause droziness. I could never sleep but when i took an entire phenergan pill i couldnt wake up . I dozed all day long and at night slept very well. Took half and same thing. I took another the next day, took a nap, went to work and slept good all night long. I wasnt sure if it was used as a sleep enhancer or not, but i guess so. I didnt take one today so wondering if i will sleep as well.

It depends on your reason for the insomnia. I think Ambien is quite harsh contrary to popular belief. It modifies the use of the same nerotransmitter that benzodiazepines and barbiturates use: GABA, which in turn floods your brain with chloride ions and induces sleep. I'm not completely against it as I take it periodically myself, but I never feel quite refreshed, and I feel drained and kind of hung over the next morning.

Valium would be a good choice if your insomnia is due to an overactive or overly anxious mind. But again it uses the GABA complex.

Phenergan does induce sleep and reduce anxiety. I'm not completely sure of its mechanism of action. I think it acts as a sort of strong antihistamine. I always got restful sleep from it, but I never tried it alone. I had the phenergan with codeine which I'm sure added to the sedative effect. Please don't add codeine to your phenergan without your doctor's advice. I think the dose is higher when you are prescribed phenergan by itself versus getting it in a combo with codeine.