I read about risks of using antidepressants in young people. There was an article about increased risk of suicide caused by antidepressant. Are they still prescribed or not? What is the limit age among the populations with and without the risk? What antidepressants are with less risk? Thanks.

I think that the main problem were Zoloft, paxil and celexa. There obviously were several cases of suicides among teenagers on these antidepressives. As I know, nothing has happened since that suicides happened. I think that the problem is that these drugs are so easy prescribed and that there is not enough anamnesis done before prescribing. These drugs interact with number of other drugs and have influence on liver enzymes, so the risks are very obvious. Do you think that patients are good enough monitored while on antidepressives?