Okay, I've smoked weed like 2 or 3 times in the past and never had a panic attack from it. I already get panic attacks out of the blue for no reason sometimes and it's completely unrelated to weed. I made the mistake of getting drunk one night though and it gave me a horrible panic attack. Almost 2 months ago my doctor prescribed me Zoloft (sertraline) 100mg for depression & anxiety and just a few weeks ago she also put me on 15mg Remeron  (mirtzapine) which is also an antidepressant and antianxiety medication because it gives you an appetite and helps you sleep, 2 things I had trouble with. Both of them have been working and I've had very few panic attacks since. I do have access to Xanax in case I have one though. Tonight I really want to smoke with my friends to celebrate New Year's. It will be my first time since starting this medication. I've heard some people say that smoking weed messes with their meds but I'm not planning on smoking every week or something. This will probably be the only time I smoke weed in 2013, seriously. So, will smoking once pose a risk to my health? Could it make me panic? And if it does, would taking a Xanax interact badly with the weed? I take my AD's at like 10 at night and I'll be smoking at like 11 or 12. The Remeron (mirtzapine) says not to take it with alcohol but doesn't mention stimulants. My doc also never brought it up. Any opinions would be appreciated

well i am just about sure that mixing medications with drugs or alcohal just about always makes the medication not work right i am not sure but please don't do anything you aren't ready to pay for i don't think you want to get hurt today

Pot in general is a depressant,naturally couteractive if one is taking antidepressants. It is also commonly linked to panic attacksin many people. Alcohol as well. If you are hoping to find true relief from you meds then anything thats known to act internally as antagonists for the very things your trying to overcome with medictions should be avoided. Its new years not see if you can repeat last year...the purpose you take the meds should be priority abovet any yearly celebrations.Its tempting and seems like one night of harmless engaging but your not seeing the idea tosmoke once as a possible catalyst for potential set backs in your treatment.If you have been doing well daily taking your meds why even consider inviting anything into your bloodstream that may even with slight chances, put you back in the mindset your attempting to overcome. Your friends are the same with you in the rotation or not...are you the same without risking your progress on meds or possibly even worse, are you the same when your meds arent helping your anxiety or depression? Im sure your much more unhappy with uncontrolled panic attacks or episodes of depression, especially a time of year when depression is prone to increase due to environmental lack of sunshine and ability to enjoy outdoor exercise. Pass on the pot and drinking...its one night,but you could potentially feel the negative side of any adverse reactions for the entire winter season all because you didnt choose to refrain for your own mental healths benefit. Hey thats my conclusion to your question.