Hi. I am 43 years old and I am using Zoloft for my case of depression. I am not here to talk about my depression, but to see if Zoloft and Adderall have interactions. I am using Adderall for a diet as a appetite suppressor. So do they? I am getting kinda woozy from time to time so I think Adderall is the one to blame.

Hey, I know that generally, very often doctors prescribe those two things together, in the combination. So, I did some researches and asked some of my friends who are doctors as well about this, and all of them told me the same thing - that it is very rare to have some certain complications, that only 2 cases shown this problem out of all the people who were taking this medication. But it also depends on several factors, such as your dose of the Zoloft.  If you are on the low dose, you should know that in that case, Adderall can increase side effect if anything more nervousness, etc. Instead, you can try some natural antidepressants to use, maybe you will see some progress faster. good luck.

It is true. But what you didn't know is that Adderall is used as an antidepressant. So that means that you are taking double dosages of your medicine! They both contain stimulants, and since it is dangerous to drink them both, you should quit one of them. If you are already using Adderall as an appetite suppressor, you could stop taking Zoloft.

I've been on lexapro for about six months. This was given to me by my psychiatrist. (same drug class as zoloft-antidepressant) After more evaluation she also prescribed adderall for ADD. Obviously, if my doctor who specializes in this field has me taking them together it can't be that bad.

Also, I was on zoloft for a few years and it will cause serious weight gain no matter what you eat!!! (One of the reasons I switched to lexapro)If you would like any more details I will check back! Good luck to you!!!

Incorrect. Zoloft is not an MAOI. It is an SSRI.

I am on Adderal and Zoloft together. Zoloft DOES NOT make you gain weight. AT ALLL. I am 22 year old female, about 122lbs. if anything, zoloft has made me lose weight, as I was on that prior to the adderal for ADD. which my doctor also prescribed together.

to guest above... how many MGs do you take of each?

A side effect of Zoloft is definite weight gain. The fact that you are on the Adderall is why you are not gaining weight. Adderall is an appetite suppressant.

From Zoloft® (sertraline HCl) is a type of antidepressant known as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). It's approved to treat depression, social anxiety disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) in adults over age 18. It is also approved for OCD in children and adolescents age 6-17 years.

Will I gain weight on Zoloft?
Studies show that Zoloft is not associated with weight gain, so you shouldn't gain weight because of Zoloft.

Can Zoloft be taken with other medicines?
Be sure to tell your doctor what medicines you're taking. If you're taking a medicine called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)—used to treat depression and other conditions—or pimozide, you shouldn't take Zoloft. Concomitant use of Zoloft with NSAIDs or aspirin may be associated with increased bleeding

What is serotonin syndrome?
Serotonin syndrome is a potentially life-threatening condition that may occur in treatment with SNRIs and SSRIs, including Zoloft, particularly when taken along with another drug that increases serotonin levels. Serotonin syndrome symptoms may include fever, sweating, muscle stiffness, trouble thinking clearly, a change in mental functioning, sleepiness, or change in your breathing, heartbeat and blood pressure. You should stop taking Zoloft and consult your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms.

Are all antidepressants the same?
No. Each antidepressant medicine has its own chemical structure. And at the molecular level, small differences in the chemical structure can make a big difference in how they affect you. What's true of one drug is not always true of the other.

Zoloft DOES NOT MAKE U GAIN WEIGHT!!!

Ok so I have been taking zoloft for about two years now and have done quite a bit of research and it does NOT make you gain weight. So sorry to all those who like to blame their eating disorders on this drug but I am afraid a little exercise and diet would do just the trick.

I've been on Zoloft on and off for 13 years. Since I was 15 I have been the same weight varying from 5 lbs 120-125 lbs. I came across this thread on the interactions between adderall and zoloft. I think, it depends on the persons body chemistry and the medication interaction regarding Zoloft, not a side effect for me with any type of weight gain. I was just given an Adderall from a friend tonight and was curious to see the interactions between the two drugs. My friend thinks I have ADD, so I am researching this, but, no weight gain for me on Zoloft.

i only take zoloft and i have lost 10 lbs

To all of you who keep barking that Zoloft doesn't cause weight gain, please hush. It doesn't matter what the books say, what your fat arse says...it all depends on the person. You can't say that Zoloft will or will not cause weight gain from one person to the other. Thank you, the end.

zoloft doesnt not make u gain weight !