I have a boatload of them--we've outgrown most of them--but, I hesitate to let them go for some odd reason....

Are you guys keeping yours or slowly getting rid of them?

Still have them all...simply because I use a VCR in my treadmill room... Someone's housecleaning!!!

I've had several vhs tapes break. The ones I've deemed replaceable, I've replaced on dvd. So I guess I'm keeping them while they last. Or until I'm so desperate for money I start selling all my belongings on ebay. which could be soon

Someone once gave us the whole "Raiders of the Lost Ark" set on VHS. Those stay.

What about all those old Disney movies??? Do I give them to the neighbor kids or do I keep them?

Collector's items or trash?

I hate having something that someone else could be using!!

And yes, Shelfie, I am cleaning like there is no tomorrow!! I hate unpacking!
I have warned Mr. Aire and Aire Jr to not stand still for very long...

we have all our vhs tapes still.. i have quite a few tapes of footage from my school... but we still have our movies... we dont' have nearly as many as i thought we did when i was little.

as for our dvd collection? i do believe it's upwards of 200 now. :P we don't watch tv.. just movies.

I still have them but I don't know why. I no longer have anything to play them on and I have recorded the ones I cared most for onto DVD like my father's and my old 8mm movies which I put on tape years ago.

I'm with Cheryl...I'm keeping them til they break or til I have to sell them for beer money.....

My vcr eats tapes, so I'll just keep feeding it 'til I run out.

I was wondering about that also. I finally broke down and bought a DVD player and don't own any DVD movies. But I can rent them I guess.

My son has tons on VCR tapes from when he was a little guy and I don't know if I should save them for if I have another kiddo or for my future neice/nephew or just buy DVD's. If I thought I could get some money for them I'd probably sell them.

Guess I could put them in the garage sale also.

Our VCR died a week after we bought a DVD player. I thought this happened to everyone.
We still have all our VHS movies - what will somenone give me for 120 movies, most of the action/adventure genre, including the Bruce Lee Collection, the Raiders of the Lost Ark Series, and all the James Bonds?

Kids still like to watch some of the movies we have on VHS on our old VCR in our bedroom so we are saving them. Plus some of our older Disney movies like The Little Mermaid were removed from production back in the early 90's so any original tapes are already worth some money.
And secretly I'd cry if I had to part with any of my favorite Disney Classics!

Keeping them because of the treadmill and a lot are some of my favorites that we have. I have very few duplicate movies on DVD and VHS. Only really movies we both like.

Mostlly buying DVD's now. Except Abby's Veggie Tales, they do not have DVD players in hospitals yet so we buy tapes becaue she can watch them when she is in the hospital.

Keeping them. I don't own that many VHS movies anyway.