Be careful what you ask for.........set up my christmas present yesterday, my new fluid trainer and rode for an hour yesterday...........OK I know I have not been on a bike since August, but it was so hard, well I figure it can only get easier, and seeing I have trained for the past 2 IM with no trainer in the winter months it can only improve my bike fitness level. I have to say did not feel like biking on the road.

Who uses a trainer on a regular basis??

Looking forward to swimming today.

Mine is still in the basement with my bike. I'll set it up this week...at the very latest next week. Really what's the rush?

I really need to get a trainer. Hopefully I will in the next few weeks. Though, I might just join the new health club next door and have use of their spin cycles (and pool, sauna, etc).

Looking forward to swimming today, too.

Almost 20% of my riding was done on the trainer last year. I've got a TV+DVD set up in the garage in front of the trainer and treadmill to keep me entertained.
I'd recommend getting a Carmichael Training System DVD or two. I've got 3 of them and 1 Spinervals DVD. They really help keep the riding interesting.

Which Spinerval DVD do you have? Yeah set it up infront of the TV and my new TIVO definitely was enjoyable to watch some old Sienfeld episodes.

Which Spinerval DVD do you have?
Have Mercy - It's the one that's 2 hrs. long instead of the typical 1 hr sessions. It seems really disjointed and doesn't flow well like the CTS series of DVDs do.

I think they should make a DVD of Lance riding in the tour. The viewpoint as if you are riding behind him and drafting off him. I could sit thru any amount of time on the trainer if I had Lance's butt to look at the whole time.

Like a Jan Ulrich helmet-cam?

Like a Jan Ulrich helmet-cam?
Exactly!!!

Lots of movies and taped TV and spinervals. I joined NetFlix to get new movies for the trainer.

Trainer record: 6 hours watching 3 movies.

I use a trainer almost all winter, and on weekends during the rest of the year.

The TV and VCR helps but its still pretty boring.

I think my longest ride was 36 minutes

I've spent many hours on that brutal, hateful, mechanical death march. The key is standing for a little while. I like to watch football on it because the games have a ton of commercials. Stand during every commercial break or spin >130rpm for the entire commercial break.

I like to stand, then spin rotating between them for each break. A game is usually 3 hours so you can really get a decent workout on one.

My coach, Paul Huddle, uses the 75% rule. So every 45 minutes on the trainer is like and hour outside.

I have most of the spinnerval tapes and I love them.

Sheldon