Do you make your kids write thank you notes for gifts?

Do you request your spouse write them?

Is it a dying art?

For our daughter's communion we had her send thank you notes. I do believe it is becoming a lost art though, much like letter writing. Although, I wrote a thank you card out to friends of ours who had us over for dinner the other night.

Yes, I do have my children write thank-you notes, if the giver wasn't in attendance while the child was opening the gift. They can also call the giver to thank them. But it doesn't get used, spent, whatever until they've been thanked.

I like to write them so if it's something for both of us, I'll write it. I can't recall a time that Rex has written a thank-you note, except for a job interview.

Do you make your kids write thank you notes for gifts? Yes. Absoultely. No exceptions. Do you request your spouse write them? No. If it was a gift to me alone, I write it. If it was a joint gift, we split duty. Is it a dying art? Without a doubt.

I think thank you notes are stupid. I always call or make a point of thanking the person in person.

:1:
Dear gman,
Thank you for the use of your typing skills. I really appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Ms. Jenn

I always make my son write a thank you--especially for gifts from afar.

Mr Aire has written many in our years together.

In fact, MIL was just discussing the fact that I am the only person who sends thank you notes.