i have been switched from prozac to effexor TODAY but have not taken the effexor yet. i thought id look it up on here first. the worst thing i saw was the weight gain. now im in no position to gain weight as im trying to lose it anyways. the prozac didnt make me gain weight ive just always been a larger woman. but i myself didnt think the prozac was workin as well since ive been taking it for about 12 years now. im kinda scared and dont know what to do. any help out there?

I have been on Effexor for years now and did not gain a single pound from it. I take 150mg every day and I weigh the same as I always have. I think people are confusing Effexor with medication like Paxil. I have seen two friends with beautiful bodies go on PAXIL before, and gain 30lbs! Effexor does NOT do this however. I am still the same 112lbs I was when I started it. Effexor has been great in eliminating my panic attacks.