I know that Benadryl is used for amelioration of allergic reaction to blood or plasma in anaphylaxis. I know also that it works by controlling the acute symptoms when oral therapy is impossible. I have problem similar to this so my doctor recommended me to use Benadryl. Before that, I would like to hear more about its ingredients. Can you tell me this because I do not like to use one drug when I do not know anything about it?

Benadryl, with full name diphenhydramine hydrochloride, is an antihistamine drug. Chemical name is 2-(Diphenylmethoxy)-N, N-dimethylethylamine hydrochloride. It occurs as a white, crystalline powder, depends in which for you are going to use it. That is freely soluble in water and alcohol and has a molecular weight of 291.82. Benadryl in the parenteral form is a sterile, pyrogen-free solution available in a concentration of 50 mg of diphenhydramine hydrochloride per ml. The solutions for parenteral use have been adjusted to a pH between 5.0 and 6.0 with sodium hydroxide or hydrochloric acid. The multidose Steri-Vials contain 0.1 mg/ml benzethonium chloride as a germicidal agent. Diphenhydramine hydrochloride or Benadryl is an antihistamine with anticholinergic and sedative side effect. Antihistamines appear to compete with histamine for cell receptor sites.Benadryl in inject able form has a rapid onset of action, and is widely distributed throughout the body.