I need to know something more about Benedryl. My doctor prescribed to me for allergy. Is this drug contains ephedrine. Thank you for the information.

Hi! This is some information. Benedryl temporarily relieves nasal congestion, runny nose and sneezing, itching of the nose or throat, and itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies. Benedryl contains Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride and Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride. If nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs, discontinue use and consult a doctor. Do not take this drug if you have a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis, heart disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, or if you have glaucoma or difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland. If nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs, discontinue use and consult a doctor.