Hello. I'm 34 year old female and I would like to find out more about one medication I'm interested about.
You see, I believe that I have developed some kind of seasonal allergic rhinitis because I can almost predict when I will have problems with a runny nose and it is almost always connected with seasonal changes.
Anyway, I have never considered this to be something serious but these last couple of months it has become unbearable. I've contacted my doctor over it and he told me that I could use some medication called Hydroxyz Hcl. How come I can't find any information about this drug on the net?

I have just read your post and I think I know the answer on your question. The thins is that Hydroxyzine Hcl 25mg is the generic name for the medication called Atarax.
Atarax belongs to the group of medications called antihistamine with anticholinergic and sedative properties.
I have read that it is one of the best medications of this kind and that it is used for the relief of nasal and non-nasal symptoms of various allergic conditions. Like any other drug- there are many possible side effects that could occur after using this medication and most commons are sedation, tiredness, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination.
Good luck!

:-) Wow, I didnt realize that this medication is used for allergies. My doctor prescribed it to me to use when I fly. I get a very nervous stomach, dizzy, scared, and motion sickness when i fly. When I take this, all of that disappears and I can enjoy my flight.

Yep, this drug is good for allergies, anti-itching, helping one sleep, treating anxiety & nausea.

what are the symptoms of a overdose of this drug?

I was just prescribed this medication today for anti-itching. I have been itching for almost a month now. They could not find out what is going wrong with my system. I'm on hydroxyz and predisone. I'm pretty tired from taking it. I can see where it will help you relax.

I have been itching myself for the past week and a half. I started taking hydroxyz today (25MG). It has not yet worked for me. I took it about four hours ago, and no relief from the itching! It's kinda driving me crazy. What should I do? Give it more time? Or wait and see how/if it works after I take another?

I was prescribed the medication for anxiety, and lack of sleep. It helps me to relax, and I've been sleeping a lot better.

I have taken HYDROXYZ HCL 10mg for itching and have no relief, other than it putting me to sleep. I've been itching 6 yrs. now with no ans. to whats causing it. Dr. gave me a steroid pack which ceased the problem but it comes back after use. I've been searching for the answer to this problem for years now.

I TOO WAS ITCHING MY SKIN TILL I BLED FOR A YEAR ! FINALLY AFTER BEING TREATED FOR MANY DIFFERENT THINGS A BIOPSY WAS TAKEN OF THE SKIN THEY SAID IT WAS A FOOD ALLERGY. I WAS ALLERGIC TO DAIRY AND FISH. WELL I STOPPED EATING DAIRIES AND FISH BUT IM STILL ITCHY. IM NOT AS BAD AS I WAS BEFORE I NEED TO FURTHER TESTING FOR MORE FOOD ALLERGIES.

I just got prescribed Hydroxyz HCL 25MG today. I have been itching for the last two years when I get hot, it does not matter if I am outside in the sun or in the house, anytime I get hot I start itching. Winter,Summer of fall does not matter. But it seems to be getting worse. I pray this works because I don't know what else to try. It has not start working yet, but like I said I just started today. I have only taken two pills so far.

I was taking hydroxyz hcl as needed 10mg for anxiety and it made me sleep 10 hours and I could feel the effect 24 hrs later. (imbalance, diarrhea, dizziness. I only took this med. twice cutting it in half (5mg). I am expecting a milder dose or a new med. as I write this message.

The doctor prescribed me Hydroxyz HCL 25 mg to take every eight hours,like I said in my last testimony, I have been dealing with itching for the last two years with no relief , no matter what the weather was, all I had to do was get hot and the itching would start untill I cooled off. I have been taking it now for about four days and it is working great!!!! I have been able to work around the house, go outside in the sun and NO ITCHING!!!! It has given me my life back after Years of Itching.