Hi! Please, I need information about meds for allergies. I came to visit my cousin and I stayed at his home. He has a dog and I realized that I’m probably allergic to pets. Now I’m not sure what I should do. My nose is running. What OTC drug to use for dog hair allergy? Thanks!

Hi! I have experience with pet allergies. When you browse the over-the-counter medicine at the supermarket, you must be careful because there is variety of products used to treat similar conditions. For a runny nose associated with an allergy, use an antihistamine. I usually take Benadryl. I heard that Chlortrimeton and Tavist are also very effective.

Hi There,
I think that you will be able to lower the symptoms of the dog allergy by taking some antihistamines. I am not sure what brand do you have to by. It is best to talk to your doctor about this so you can get a prescription for the allergy. I know that a lot of people have problems with allergies and in most cases they are not able to get rid of the symptoms that are caused by the allergy. How long have you been having dog hair allergy? I hope that you will be able to find the right medication for your problem. I hope this helped a bit.

All the best,
Danella