I was on my way to class this morning and was brushing my teeth and noticed my tongue was black.. I was freaking out and couldn't get ahold of my mom (she's a nurse).. This post saved me a trip to the ER that would've cost a lot of money I don't have and been unnecessary.. Thank you! So much! 

Bumps or "mouth ulcers" on the tongue shows a high acidic count in your stomach.

This is funny, I often too wonder if I've eaten licorice in my sleep!

I was like wth.... Im glad I red this...cause its the first time I token pepto bismol pills.. And woke up with a black tongue... I though it was smoke or something... Im a pipeline welder so I thought maybe its smoke from when I weld...

get your hiv status checked

It happens sometimes, becouse of improper food,  not a big problem , just consult a doctor for this.

So relieved to see this message board this morning. My son was not feeling well at 2:30 AM so I gave him a pep dismol tablet. He came in to get me at 7 AM and his tongue was black almost took a heart attact. He brushed and most came off and googled and found this board.. THANK YOU.. 

i am pregnant and taking aspirin, vitamin D, and iron and elivit...not sure if these contains bismuth subsalicylate.... their respective boxes doesnt give that ingredient.... not sure why I am having black resedue.

Thank god you said something I woke up from my nap scared as sh*t when I saw I had a giraffe colored tongue...I'm pregnant to so I was too concerned! I had taken some pepto chewables because I didn't feel well...thank god you said this! lol

I was just on a Caribbean cruise and I had all the Symptons you had. I had a panini and a few bites of a salad and within an hour I started to get sick, it took 3 days to finally get over it, felt weak could not eat or drink. I took pepto bismol tablets and some pills that were given to me . I feel that there was something wrong either with the salad or the panini.I even brought my own water and I dont smoke or drink. Dont normally get sick and dont take meds.. I too like to know what the heck happened that I lost 3 days of my cruising since I could not leave the room.

please do not ever put antibiotics in the bin . send them to the incinerator or at best don't accept them from your doctor. the antibiotics are thrown away without thought every year and cannot be filtered from the water purifying plants.

Yes I took pepto bismol , and woke up the next morning with a black tonue. Why does that happen ? Does anyone know

Is it supposed to have a horrid taste to?

Same thing here, I just almost panicked... :-)

Oh my lord. Thank you SO MUCH for this! Took a pepto tablet last night and thought I was dying this morning when I woke up with gray stained teeth and tongue! So relieved!!!