I saw some ads for pepto bismol, and am intrigued. Their website looks very commercial and, if I may be so frank, not very serious and certainly not very medical. What is the quality of pepto bismol? Does it relieve the huge list of indigestion symptoms it says it does? What are the side effects?

XD hi there

on wednesday i went to the local chemist with upset tummy and vomiting, pharmachist said pepto bismol would be the best thing. so i took it at the recommended intervals. it tastes like mouthwash and and it does do the job it says for the sickness but it gave me a bad dose of heartburn as a side effet which is bad for two reasons, A its meant to ease heartburn and B I have GERD Wedbesday eve i was taken to a and e with bad gastro problems as a result. THEY NEED TO PUT SIDE EFFECTS ON THE BOTTLE.

Here is a MUST READ link discussing FDA warnings about using Maalox Total Relief which contains the active ingredient in Pepto Bismal (BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE ):

http://www.kvue.com/community/blogs/smart-money/FDA-issues-Maalox-warning-85502882.html

I would not use this product regularly without the supervision of a physician.

Hope this helps.