I'm a 43 year old female. I've had this swollen tongue that feels like i'ts burning, jaw pain, and slight bloody metallic taste in my mouth now for over 4 months. I went to my pcp who orderd antibiotics and a mouth paste because he thought I had thrush. When this didn't work he sent me to an ent. The ent has done cultures, and given me antibiotics and the prednisone pack now twice. The cultures come back neg. And the antibiotics and prednisone have not helped. I am in a great deal of discomfort and pain. I have sjogrens, celiac, fibromyalgia, and raynauds. Do any of thes cause those symptoms? HELP!!!

I am 30 years old. I was diagnosed with raynauds on Feb. 7, 2008 and on Feb.16, 2008 I woke up with a swollen tongue . I have been to 2 ERs, 2 ENTs, 3 allergists, and 1 oral surgeon and no one can figure this out. Im losing my mind.My tongue hurts and burns and there are teeth marks all around it. I dont know what to do. Please respond and let me know how you are.

I don't trust the medical Drs too much. I have similar symptoms. I'm going to do colon hydrotherapy and very healthy diet for hypothyroid condition. (easy to find on internet) Also I'll start taking desiccated thyroid and adrenal from bovine sources from New Zealand (available on www) to support thyroid (NO synthroid!)
When I will have energy I'll start to exercise.
drink lots of water!

I have thyroid disease and diabetes. These auto immune diseases tend to run together. I also have been treated for symptoms of fibromyalgia for the past several years. I have many neurological issues and am waiting for tests to come back regarding a diagnosis. Often symptoms can overlap and look like other diseases such as , fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and multiple sclerosis. I am not familiar with Sjogrens but I have had Raynauds and fibromyalgia symptoms over the past 3 years. Pinpointing an accurate diagnosis can be difficult. Most recently I have had a lot of muscle spasms and nerve pain with facial twitches and a frequent sore tongue and jaw. My symptoms are looking more like Ms everyday and have an MRI scheduled.