I have been taking the Depo-Provera shot off an on for 17 years with little to no problems.  My period was non-existent during these times and would generally come back after a year.  I took two years off from the shot as I was having problems with depression and weight gain.  I got a shot in December 2011 and two weeks after my period started and has not stopped.  (It's October 2012 now).  My doctor has put me on three different birth control pills to try to stop the bleeding, however, as soon as I stop or miss a day the bleeding resumes.  Also, it is much heavier than usual and has clotting.  I have had tests run, including a transvaginal and have had nothing else show up.  I'm am extremely worried at this point and would greatly appreciate any recommendations or common stories. 

I have been bleeding for almost 10 months not bad but enough to aggravate me...I was on the depo shot for two years would bleed for a short time then none until I got the next shot...been off it a month now and praying it will straighten out

I had depo bleeding for 6 months non-stop and it was driving me crazy, I forgot what it felt like to not be bleeding and was ready to pack it in however talking to the sister at the docs and she prescribed me northisterone tablets, 3 a day for 10 days and on the second day the bleeding stopped, I have now finished my course of northisterone and have not bled at all for 3 weeks! Might be worth enquiring about if you haven't already tried it! My friend also had tranexamic acid which worked for her :), hope it's sorted for you soon, I understand how frustrating constant bleeding is!!

Thank you for this post, my doctor should be contacting me tomorrow, I am going to inquire more about northisterone. I have been bleeding for 5 months straight and I show no sign of it coming to an end. I am frustrated, depressed, and mad at myself for ever getting this dumb shot.