Has anyone else been diagnosed with BV since all the break through bleeding with from the DEPO shot???

I had the common reaction with the constant break through bleeding after taking depo. I took my first shot in Jan. 08 and feel like I spent most of the year of 2008 either having a period or atleast spotting.

During last year, from time to time I noticed a foul odor coming from (gasp) ME, and from down there. It seemed to be worse at times, but my boyfriend and I both thought it was the blood smell, or residual blood from where it was almost ALWAYS trickling out...

I finally wised up in November, called my doc and told him to call me in a birth control pill, that I would not be getting my December shot, and made sure it was okay to go ahead and start taking the pill even before the shot wore off, hoping to try to stop the friggin' bleeding.

But the problem with the odor from me, especially during sex, has gotten worse until the point of being a complete distraction. Went to see my doc and I now have BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, or BV. Its an imbalance in the natural bacteria that you have that has allowed "bad bacteria' to grow, and the "bad bacteria" apparently harbors the horrendous odor...

I have to wonder ? if this BV isnt the result of all the bleeding causing an imbalance in my PH levels and crazy hormonal fluctuations... anyone else have this happen?

DEPO PROVERA... :-S its the gift that just keeps on giving......
WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been diagnosed with BV and actually read this about a week before I had my doctors appointment and knew that thats what it was. I also found out that I had excess fluid in my ovaries which is most likely why I've been bleeding for the last six months! I will never get on Depo again it was the worst mistake ever. It's been two weeks since I've been off of it and I still bleed everyday. Hopefully the depo will wear off soon!

i have to say all this information on depo was new to me. i never knew it had such effects. I thought it was the best out there. I took my first shot 2 monts back and have to take the next on the coming month. Iv decided not to go for it coz i have started bleeding for two weeks now. I was suppose to get my period bt instead i am bleeding. M really scared coz i wnt to have kids in the future and i pray for the bleeding to stop and have my regular cycle.

hi, im 31 yrs old and after my son was born in 97 i too went on the depo.iwas on it for the 5 yrs and had no period unti the end i statrd spotting all the time and during sex, it was horrible, then i went off the shot and 6 mos later my period came back regular, however i had bv costant back to back and had to be prescribed flagyl back to back.prior to the depo i never as to so much had a yeast infection.i threw out all of my panties and bought new ones, took probiotics and nothing worked.i still to this day have the chronic bv and my obgyn says my body is out of balance and they dont know why, that it definatley could have come from the depo.funny thing by best friend is going through the same thing.i think the depo should be banned!ps i went back on the depo for a yr and then i had no bv funny huh and then i went off it again due to chronic spotting, now i have to suffer with the bv :'(

hi i am 34 years ld and i got on the depo back in august of 09 cuz i just had a baby and me and my boyfriened were not ready for another one yet. At first the depo was fine no bleeding no periods or spotting,then it all started i started my new job and it was so e mbarressing having to continue running to the bathroom,because of unexspected bleeding. It's like i bled constantly there was no relief. I was supposed to go back in dec to get another shot,i said f'''' that i'm trying to get my regular cycle back i would rather bleed for 5 day's then every day all day long... :-S :-S DONT GET THIS SHOT IT"S NOT WORTH IT

I have been on the Depo for 7 years and had my last shot Dec 09 and did not get my current shot that was due in March. I instead switched to the no period pill Lybrel which is working fine for the past 3 weeks. I have had so many negative side effects due to the depo including BV and I hate it. Check out the other forums to get more info on Depo and the withdrawal symptoms:

https://www.steadyhealth.com/Strange_symptoms_after_getting_off_Depo_Provera___Part_2-t210096-0-asc-0.html

I hope these web sites can help. E-mail me if anyone has any questions.

i dont know if its because of the shot or not but i have massive bleeding during and after sex. i recently stopped gettin the shot i have been in so much pain the last 3 years and im only 21 im tired of the bleeding and i cant even enjoy making love to my fiance i would like to have a child one day but it seems like its not goin to happen. i got on the shot almost 4 years ago then stopped about 2 years ago then i got back on it in aug and now im sufferin the worst of it yet. i feel like im dying someone help

Hi. I got the Depo shot back in January and 3 weeks later i got a period. and it never ended. its May now and i can say that i have bled all this time. i never went back for my second shot. i went back on the pill. i thought i would skip the sugar pills at the end of my first packet but that still didn't stop the bleeding. the dr told me to continue the pill and go thru the sugar pills this time. I hope that in the next week things settle down cause i've just about had enough!!! I agree the damn thing should be banned. The Dr said to me last week that if the bleeding doesn't stop soon after the sugar pills to come back so that she can organise an ultrasound... I hope i never had a missed miscarriage or something

I am damn near in tears. I am 21 years old with a 2 year old son had a miscarriage and after the miscarriage in apr I got the depo shot! BIGGG mistake. since then my body has not been the same. I too have BV. my sex relationship and drive has not been the same because of it! I have symptoms like i am pregnant which now after reading all of these posts on the link that the lady has kindly posted on here. I doubt i am. Ive only had the shot once and it has done so much to me. I can only imagine what those who have been on it longer have been dealing with. ive been experiencing dizzy spells, nausea, headaches, chills, sharp random pains, breast tenderness, mood sing, severe cramps, heavy bleeding, to light bleeding and back pain. My husband has noticed the changes that's how bad it has gotten.
go to the depo provera site and it will tell you that depo provera will make you more prone to stds and infections...this was not in my brochure however when i first got this shot. Anything that causes osteoporosis is not worth it!
My only thing now is i am having mucus/with pink discharge. the last time i got that i was pregnant maybe it is possible that i have since it has been 10 mths after taking this shot which it takes 6mths to a year to clear out. Idk i went to the doctor the test was negative. but i did also have a negative pap for hpv since being on this shot and bv. before having this hell shot i never had negative results besides the yeast infection you commonly get when being pregnant.I am stressing. Depo should be banned. This shot will drive you insane!I've been thinking on and off that i've been experiencing pregnancy symptoms for almost a year.
I pray that this discharge is a sign that i am pregnant or that my body is getting back to normal. One shot was enough for me..ladies do yourself a favor and do not get this as a form of birth control it does more harm than good. stick with the pill!!!

I had a depo shot six months ago and I've been bleeding ever since. I tried Yasmin birth control pill to stop the bleeding, but it gave me migraines.
I have since been diagnosed with strep b - another bacterial infection in my vagina, which isn't sexually transmitted but can make life
hard if you want to have babies. I'm unsure if it's due to the depo shot...
DON'T GET THE DEPO SHOT. It can cause havoc with your body.

I just want to stop this bleeding...I never had problems like this until I had the shot.

omg can i jus say its realli the worst kind of birth control out there since i been on depo i av been bleeding 4 two months n when i try 2 av sex when the bleedin stops 4 a day r so the pain i feel it feels like am givin birth i went 2 the doc he prescribed more harmones 4 me 2 try n stop the bleeding, that DID NOT work ok......so i went bak 2 the doc cuz of the same pain durin sex n the fact the the injection is now up n i am now havin a yellow discharge so i am thinkin omg this must be an std! went back 2 the doc he is thinkin the same thin tellin me he dnt kno of that injection givin those symptoms so maybe its an infection i sed ok watever jus fix it so he prescribed antibiotics 4 me ok now......so i am on this antibiotics n now i notice i am goin 2 pee very, very reg so i went bak 2 the doc now he is sayin i av a urinary tract infection i was like wat the hell i av never had so many problems be4 i went on this injection now i dnt kno wat 2 do the doc prescribe all these meds 4 me 2 clean me out cuz he thinks its bacteria in the vagina n all type of madness i seriously dnt kno wat 2 do i am sure me n my partner av been faithful n i av never experienced these sorts of problem be4 this injection its stressin me out so much what else can i do these doc visits r costin me so much

i too went on the depo shot after i had my son in 2010. i had a NON-STOP period! 1 and a half years long!!! i also was having problems "lactating" clear fluid out of both breasts while on it.  i am now off of it and i am still having problems. tonight i was just told i also have bv and a yeast infection(both of which i've never had before the shot). THE DEPO SHOT IS THE WORST FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL!

I had my shot about a month and a half ago.. I was warned i might be bleeding for the next month, so i was prepared, but i am getting really tired of this as its been longer than a month..

Now i start to notice this bad odor, witch i thought was from this little spotting,but as i red all those topics i am really worried now!! Does this means i too have BV???????? I really hope not!!! Going to see my nurse in the morning!!

WTF I'm hating depo shot it's gay as f**k I don't even wanna be on birth control I don't need it. Cause me n my man ain't ready for a kid rite now. People wrap up haha

I have had at least 5 cases of bv in the last year and 3 months. I put a tampon in peroxide and stuck it in for 2 hours it was totally gone for 3 months til I just got my shot since then I've had a bladder infection, yeast, and now bv again!!! I think it's all to blame on the depo