3 weeks ago I had c5 to 56 and 6 to c7 fused peek cage alot of bone spurs on the outside removed and gained 1" plus in height. however the pain between and in the shoulder blades is still thier muscle spasems is this normal 3 weeks out :-(

Hi, I am almost 4 weeks out and had C4-5 and C5-6 worked on. I had both discs removed, bone spurs removed and a plate put on with screws. This is all similar to what you had done. I begun with muscle spasms about 10 days ago. I now have experienced some days with pain just as bad as before the surgery. I get numb across the shoulders. I have had extreme pain between the shoulder blades and now have very bad pain in my right shoulder and last wek it was my left. I get headaches and all. This is all pretty much as expected after reading posts in this forum for a month now.

So to answer your question, I think it is normal. All part of what I think is going to be a long road to recovery with a lot of setbacks all of which are different with every case.

Good luck and keep reading things in here. This website has a very large info base to gather knowledge from. Just dont take anybody's answer as the way it will be for you. Just draw a conclusion of all the possibilities out there.

I hope this helps. And Good Luck.

hi
you all are expecting too much too soon. You've had major surg on your neck. it can take up to a year to feel absolutely fine. I work for spine surgeons. Perhaps therapy will help.

hi Robert44ht5 im Debbie,i have had c5/6c6/7 , 2 disc replaced,shaved,and titanium plate put in 6screws i am 7months post op now,,,and still getting excruciating PAIN both shoulder blades in between them and outer shoulders and arms are weak with pain,headaches,neck up to the skull the collar of the neck all pain,and awful PAIN in thoracic,but im still hoping it will ease off ,im not at work my GP says i may be not be able return to work as i cant do repetitive duties, so i hope your recovery goes well,Deb. :-(

Thanks Debbie and Augman. PT is going to be the next step I think. I go see my Neurosurgeon for my 1st follow up in 2 days and will find out more then. Its been 4 weeks with this Miami J collar on and I am scared to take it off for very long. We sure do have a lot of thoughts go through our heads as we sit around waiting... and waiting.

This web site has given me and a lot of people a lot of help due to people like you two who share their thoughts. Thank you!