Hello I had my surgery Feb/09, I am still having tingling and numbness in arms down to my hands, along with pain in between my shoulder blades, severe at times, and headaches.Newest MRI shows C3-4 herniation with indentation of the thecal sac and mild flattening of the spinal cord. My surgeon stated nothing wrong, and the MRI does not look that bad, you most likely have carpel tunnel, grrrr, sending me for nerve testing now, any comments on what I should do would be appreciated. Thanks

hi! i am 28 yr old and i had acdf of c5-6 and c6-7 in july 2008 and acdf of c4-5 in nov of 2009. i still have alot of the same pain. my shoulder blades always hurt and pain in my left arm and shoulder. my left shoulder has also dropped so everyone always asks me i why i'm lop sided. i now have bad pressure in the back of my neck and head all the time, which when its bad it affects my vision. i had a myelogram which said i have severe stenosis of the c6 nerve on the left, due to a bone fragment. but i had an emg and it came back ok, so i'm starting to feel like i'm crazy. the dr said i need to have a posterior foraminotomy but he doesnt want to put me thru any more surgery rite now. i thought the surgery was gonna help me but it hasnt.

Hello, thanks for your response. Can I ask if you have the tingling pins and needle feelings(pinched nerve) in your arms and hands, mine is the worst at nite, I don't sleep well, also are you back to work? I am on LTD running out of time. It is very frustrating to have a lot of the same symptoms prior to and after surgery, I get the feeling my surgeon does not believe me (hence sending me for EMG),and then he is like if its still a problem in your neck I can do the posterior forminotomy like no big deal just cutting into me again is no problem, but my husband is sitting right there agreeing with what I am saying and feeling, I went into this surgery with a positive attitude, even quit smoking after cold turkey after 25 plus yrs so my fusion would take. How long did the EMG take and was it painful? Still waiting for appt. Thanks again for your response and take care.