Hello, I am 11 months post-op, I am fused with plate and screws from C4-C7 wore hard collar for 12 weeks, still having headaches, arm pain with pins and needles numbness down to my hands, newest MRI show mild to moderate narrowing due to vertebral ostoephyte at C4/5, moderate foraminal narrowing from C5/6 to C6/7, there has been increased posterior disc herniation at C3/4 with indentation of the thecal sac and mild flattening of the spinal cord, the broad-based posterior disc protrusion at C3/4 shows extension of disc material superiorly behind the C3 vertebral body with mild central indentation of the thecal sac, can anyone help explain this reading and if more surgery would be required, I had a lot of difficulties after my first surgery, thankyou for any imput
Bunz50

Have they done a discogram. Sometimes MRI's don't give them enough info.  The discogram is very painful, but gave my neuro the info she needed to go in and get it done correctly. 

Hi Bunz---I was wondering how you are are symptoms sound similar and so does mri post surgery. My pain pain is neck and shoulder for several months. Did you require more surgery?? How are you feeling now?

almost a year for me still bad pain

have good days and bad days  not to many good days

also i have carpal tunnel in both arms that doesnt help much