My X-ray of the chest showed adenocarcinoma of the lung, as my doctor explained me. It looks like cloudy or perhaps light spot in the right upper lung at the level of the second rib. This cloudy spot has irregular and poorly defined borders and is not uniform in density. Please, tell me what diseases may cause this?

Hello, one of my friends once described me his X-ray of the chest as you. He said that he also had cloudy spot in upper left side of the lung. He was diagnosed with tumor back then, but diseases that may cause this type of X-ray result are: tuberculous or fungal granuloma, and malignant or benign tumors.

Hello there mccommon,

Since gabbey has already answered on your question, and I presume that you were satisfied with the answer I would just like to add that sometimes this doesn’t have to mean that you are suffering from a serious condition. Sometimes it is possible to confuse X-ray machine if you haven’t removed all your jewelry, body piercings (especially nipple piercing) and shirts with zippers.

Also, I am sure that your doctor has explained you everything that you need to know regarding your X-ray image. And since you know which conditions are causing image like this I presume that you were sent to additional testing’s. Let us know about your condition and good luck.

I recently had pnuemonia. After 10 days on medication, I had a chest x-ray. The doctor called and said it was cloudy. He wants me to have another in 4-6 months. What could be the cause and what could he be looking for? Why wait so long?

I just had two xrays, both showed the same hazy spot. The way he explained it to me is he is looking for changes, growth, etc. That is why the 4-5 months wait, to see if it grows or goes away. I am going back to a chest xray I had done a couple years ago, so he can compare the old with the two new ones. The new ones are only a week apart so no change is expected. I was told it could be that my lung is not fully inflating or a tumor or a fungas or infection. Too early to tell but hazy is usually not a tumor..yet. Hope this helps and it is just what I was told this week, ask your doc to be sure : ).