Hi! I recently had my Chest xray for work and the result came out that I have Right lung opacity at the apex and they suggest Apicolordotic view. And I did alv the next day, it shows that I have NORMAL lungs. They cleared me for work. But I am confused if I really have PTB, and I am currently having a post nasal drip. Can you guys help me or does somebody experienced this before? Thanks a lot!

Hi PNP,

Normal lungs means no PTB.

The apicolordotic view is just an x-ray taken at a different angle.  By itself it does not indicate any problems.

Post nasal drip is NOT specific to PTB. 

Hope it helps.

But how home on the first chest xray I had, they have seen right lung opacity which can suggest PTB.

It can "suggest" PTB. They wanted the other view to resolve what they were seeing and determined it was not PTB. That's why the extra x-ray.

what's your suggestion or recommendation on having an increased opacity from x-ray result and suggested to have an apilordotic view and the result are clear lungs..do I have to take medicine?or what's the solution on this one?

Hi Guest,

Talk to your doctor for the best answer. This is just ONE test.

The question is, why the initial findings of "increased opacity?" Sometimes there can be a problem with the original image. They may want to run additional tests to verify. Certainly this is good news.

Assuming you have no other symptoms then, with clear lungs you should not need ANY treatment.

Thank you for the clarifications sir,what i am feeling right now is that a little pain on the right apex since the I found out the result from the x-ray. I had also my sputum test and the result was negative.

btw I'm Raven.

Hi Raven,
The pain may/may not be related to the x-ray. The negative sputum test result is good. It doesn't look like you have an infection.
If the pain continues see your doctor.
Good luck.