hI! iM 24 YEARS old and in our annual physical examination chest PA xray reveales nodular opacity on left side and they suggested apicolordotic view x-ray. I dont feel anything wrong with my body. Im physically healthy, dont have a cough or colds. What could be the reason of the existence of nodular opacity in my x-ray? :-(

Were you ill when you were younger? Sometimes the nodular opacity could be a scar resulting from a disease you had when you were a child, such as granulomatous disease. If it recently developed since your physical examination last year, then perhaps the physicians feel the need to verify that nothing is wrong with your lungs.

Hello there rdtom,

I completely agree with the poster above me. This is probably nothing serious and they just have needed to check if everything is fine. It is great that you don’t experience any uncomfortable symptoms so you are probably healthy overall but it is always to be safe than sorry. You are probably aware of the fact that most conditions which are diagnosed early have better chances to be cured.

All in all I hope that the second examination will be fine. Keep us posted about your condition and further events and of course good luck with all this, although there is probably nothing to be worried about.