Hello everyone! 

I decided to post after doing my own research on the nightmares of my attempt to get off of cymbalta.  I started taking it late January 2013.  I was only on it for a little over two months.  Started out on 30 mg for a week, then went to 60 mg.  I was on it for anxiety.  After getting on the 60mg, i couldn't sleep, had the most wild and vivid dreams, and every muscle in my body hurt as if I was in a car accident or something.  I would wake up and my hands would hurt and be very stiff.  I decided I did not want to be like this.  I just turned 50 and this nasty drug was really interfering with my life.  I told my doctor I wanted off of it.  So she told me to take 60 mg every other day.  Day 1 was ok, day 2-4 were horrible!  I missed three days of work, nauseated and no energy!  All i wanted to do was sleep!  So i went back in to the dr and started taking 30 mg.  He wanted me to take 30 mg for a week, then off two days, then on again then off again.  I took the 4 weeks of samples he gave me and decided there was NO way I was going on and off of it again.  That just confuses the body..you start to go thru withdrawals - then you take it, then back to withdrawals again.  So the research began.  I read many article on how people were taking the "balls" out, so many a day to wean off.  So, since i went from 60mg to 30mg with little problem, my husband and I decided for me to go from 30 to 15mg.  I took 15 mg for 5 days.  The first three days I had mild nausea.  This entire time though, I still hurt all over (muscles and joints).  My hot tub has helped greatly, but the pain is still very much there.  Today, my first day at 14 mg, from here I will wean down 1mg each day. Thinking at 5 mg i will then stop.  I am sure i will not stop without any side effects, because from what I have read it will be 2-4 weeks before feeling more like my old self and free from pain.   Today, I have had slight nausea, and a little bit light headed. It comes in waves, but its tolerable.  Rolaids, Mc Donalds sweet tea, and an apple have helped my mornings.  By noon, I will feel ok.  This has been the pattern. Nine balls equal 1 mg.  270 balls in the 30mg capsule.  You can purchase empty gel capsules from most health food stores.  We have emptied my supply of 30 mgs into little containers and count out what I need for each of the empties to get me down to 5 mg.  So I won't have to purchase any empties.  Hope this will help someone else throught their few months of trying to get off this nasty drug!  I was only on this drug for two months and one would have thought I wouldn't have had as much trouble getting off of it.

Stay active -  natural serotonin will be beneficial!

Good luck!

I hve been on it for only 9 days, I need to come off it. Can I???

Update. Today is day 5 with no cymbalta. I was ok on the first two days, Days 3-5 I have been nausted. Day 4 was the worst so far. The nausea is mild, comes in waves, you can work through it, its just bothersome. I also had bouts with light headedness on day four as well. So far today, (day 5) the nausea has been very mild. My body still hurts all over, but I pray that starts to lessen each day too. It doesnt help that I am covered in poison sumac right now either! Gotta love spring!

What mg? Especially if youre only on 30mg. You are lucky to only been on it for 9 days. I wish I would have never taken it!

Cymbalta is a horrid medication especially if you are trying to get off it...I had been on 30 mg for 3 months and have been week and half off it....I am so nauseated...just ill and my neuropathy is much worst.hope it does not take to long to get completely out of my system???