My Two Cents Worth:

First of all I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has written about their experience of being on Cymbalta and their struggle with Cymbalta withdrawal.  I believe that you have saved not only myself but many others from a lot of pain.

I was prescribed Cymbalta 30mg on the 16 April 2012 by my doctor in order to treat depression and anxiety.  I  was told to 'try it' over the next 7 days to see if I could handle the side effects.  He said that in the beginning I would get some nausea but that I should persevere and try to stay on it for at least a month, which is when it would start to work. He never said anything about it possibly damaging my liver or anything about withdrawal symptoms, just that I shouldn't suddenly stop in the middle of the treatment.

I was nervous about taking it but at the time I was desperate for any kind of help.  I took one 30mg capsule about 12pm with some lunch (to minimise the nausea) but by 2pm I had a very upset stomach with a lot of wind (gas), slight cramping, a very stiff neck, dry mouth and headache.

Around 4pm I fell asleep (without meaning to) while on the couch.  I woke up a couple of hours later feeling completely disorientated, confused and nauseous.  I felt so spaced out and like I was still dreaming.

By 7pm I had such bad nausea I couldn't make dinner (much less eat anything) and a very bad headache.  I was drinking heaps of water to help with the dry mouth and I also had very bad constipation (something I have to avoid as I have diverticulitis).

The next day (17th April) I felt a lot better (more clear-headed) and decided to Google Cymbalta to find out more about the side effects and if people had experienced the same effects as I had.  I became so scared when I read all the forums and support groups for people battling with horrific Cymbalta withdrawal, I decided to quit it then and there.

I decided to go cold turkey simply because I had only taken one capsule and reasoned that it wouldn't have had much effect on me yet.  I didn't really want to take a half capsule as I didn't want my body getting used to having the drug in my system anymore than it already had.

The rest of the day I was anxious, shaky and had bad diarrhoea.  By bedtime I was headachy (pressure at the back of the head) and with a little neck pain.

I woke up today (18th April) expecting to be in withdrawal hell (48hrs after my first and last capsule)... but I am one of the lucky ones.  All I have had to deal with today has been a slight headache in the morning that disappeared once I had breakfast.  I am hoping that there is nothing more to worry about now apart from my depression and anxiety issues.   I plan to never again consider antidepressants as a treatment and instead try therapy and alternative medicines / treatments instead.

TIP:  I have heard that taking 1000mg of Omega 3 fish oil helps with the brain zaps and that Benadryl and Camomile tea is also helpful for the withdrawal symptoms.

To all those still struggling to get off Cymbalta, you will all be in my thoughts and prayers... stay strong and thank you for sharing your stories.

You should not have any withdrawls of cybalta by only taking it one day, it is not even in your system yet as it takes anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to get in your system and start working, so just one pill you will not have withdrawls

I was on cymbalta 15 mg for 2 wks then was told if helping rather than go to 30 2 times aday just take 1 60 mg a day well i took it and I was in another world the floor slanted i was home alone I was so sick and disoriented I could not even walk 7 hrs latter I got my self down stairs to throw up for hours my daughter came home took me to ER they pumped my stomach I kept saying it was 1 pill . The nurse told me they get alot of people in because of Cymbalta it scared my daughter so bad she thought I took to many I was like no 1 pill 60 mg for anyone is to much. I will never take Cymbalta again .

I agree I was given duloxetine (cymbalta) for neuro pain 30mg tablets 1 x daily. I only ever took one tablet yesterday and could not believe that it would effect me as bad as it has. I have a massive headache and my eyes hurt with blurred vision and watering constantly. I am so nauseous I couldn't cant eat or drink and its made me so weak all I want to do is lie down now its been 24hrs since I have taken the one dose I have a headache still and I am having little brain shocks along with the shakes I still have no appetite and feel really sick. I feel deathly after one tablet. This drug is evil and I wouldn't want others to experience it.

I had same experience! I took in morning with breakfast after shower I just sat and stared into space for 20 minutes! My therapist could not believe I could feel the affect that soon, they said wait about two weeks to see how it works, after leaving work early and feeling stoned all day, my pupils where dilated, my eyes were glassy I had slow speech and I could barely walk because I felt so high and this was only after taking 1 pill they started me on 60 milligram I spent the entire day in bed trying to sleep because my body felt so tired but my mind was so anxious I couldn't eat a single thing all day and when I woke up at 3am I almost passed out I woke up the next day on able to go to work still feeling dizzy and hi I didn't want to risk driving like you I'm giving up all prescription medications especially Cymbalta!!

My husband was prescribed Cymbalta for chronic back pain and he has been on it for four days (30 mg a day).  He got a migraine the first day, and since then has trouble urinating, constipation, muscle aches and just feels bad in general.  He is going to stop taking it.

I tried cymbolta one morning and within 3hrs turned very sick. I couldnt eat and ended up losing 15lbs in two weeks. I thought I had a stomach virus but after reading these forums, I see that others had the same reactions after taking only one pill!! I'm glad that I decided not to take it anymore. For the people that it helps, that's great but they really shouldn't have something like this so freely given out. I've noticed that my daily anxiety is worse since taking cymbola. I hope everyone gets through this and God Bless

Wow...I guess I'm going to be the "abnormal" one here.  I take 60 mg at night for fibromyalgia and depression and I wish I could say it didn't work but it really helps with my depression.  Odd thing is that it MAKES me hungry.  I decided a few days ago I was going to stop.  Wrong thing to do.  Today I am so sick I feel like I have a bad case of the flu.  I should have known better.  I'm trying to stop it because my gums are bleeding really bad just randomly.  I'm not talking about when you floss or brush your teeth...I'm talking about just suddenly no matter where you are they start bleeding very bad.  That is a symptom of Cymbalta.  It's very bad.  I'm trying to get off of it to see if it's the Cymbalta making me bleed or if there is something else more serious going on.  I hate it b/c Cymbalta really did help my depression and fibro better than anything else!!  Best of luck to everyone!!  It's tough dealing with pain.  I have a high tolerance to pain due to migraines since I was a little girl and also brain surgery but chronic pain is a whole different baby.  I just turned 53.  God Bless!

I just took my first 30mg tablet of  Cymbalta and decided to go online and read the side effects.  I am worried what my symptoms will be like because I don't plan on taking another one after what I have read.   

Like everyone else, I was skeptical but optimistic. I started feeling bad side effects early (first day). I went to work and had scary, dizzy, overheated symptoms. Someone at work told me her husband was on it for nine years and to run for my life from it. I noticed the first night it was hard to urinate. I had night sweats that soaked the sheets, and just couldnt sleep. I stuck with this for four days under the ruse of "Give it two weeks" like the doctor said. I'm quitting it today, day 5. I could'nt function today. I spent most of the day in bed feeling electrocuted, hot & cold (BAD. Like second to second), ringing ears, blurred vision, and just generally scared. I'm a 240lb male in his early 50's battling statin-induced neuropathy and neck surgery pain. I was only on one 30mg pill a day for 4 days and it has reduced me to a useless panicking id**t. P.S. I had neuropathy so bad it felt like I was walking on coals. I also had restless-leg syndrome. All these symptoms went away when I started taking magnesium! Good luck! Brian in CT

A quick followup from Brian in CT. After a withdrawl from hell weekend, I feel better. Shakes and Hot/cold are gone. Unbelievable what being on this for only four days did. Please discuss with your doctor weather your condition warrants the risks involved with this drug! Cheers

Hello;
Lindii Fults and Winning

I've experienced something like u did with 2 days of Zoloft.
It's been a month ago and i am still not eating and can't get out of bed because i am dizzi.

Did you had any improvement by now?
Because i'am affraid i did something wrong to my brain

Greetings
Jason.

@ Lindii fults

I've had a simmilar problem.
I took 2 pills and had a severe adverse reaction.

Are you still feeling any symptoms now

I hope you are better by now, it might give me some hope

Jason

Couple of weeks now. Ears are still ringing! They just cant know what the drugs they shell out will do. The doctor meant well and I have two of the things it claims to help, lower back pain and neuropathy. I know someone who had the dizzies and steroids helped. Talk to your doctor. Good luck. Feel better, Brian

Thanks
Good luck to you too.