I just found out 2 days ago that I am 5wks pregnant. I have been taking 120 mg of Cymbalta daily for 3 months. I stopped, of course, 2 days ago. Now I am going through a miscarriage. Is it possible that the 5 wks of Cymbalta use during early pregnancy caused the miscarriage? I need to know, because if so, I don't want to start taking it again, because we will be trying for another child!!!!

Amber - i too was talking cymbalta - i think 60 mg daily - the day i found out i was pregnant, i stopped taking it cold turkey. I was about 5 weeks pregnant when I found out, stopped taking it and the baby died at six weeks. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the cymbalta as well. I know that cymbalta taken in later pregnancy can lead to birth defects - mainly heart and lung issues. It really really sucks. We weren't trying to get pregnant, it just sort of happened. I know in the future, when we "TRY" for another baby, the only thing i will be taking are prenatal vitamins.

Good luck to you and i hope you heal emotinally - this has been THE toughest thing i've gone thru in life.

Weezie

I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. They are not sure of the cause or cure they just know of some medications that have been helpful. I started taking cymbalta and 3 days later found out i was pregnant and had a miscarriage. PLEASE i have been researching and can not get any answers, does it effect your system that early. I was 6 weeks pregnant and did not even know. Then i am having a miscarriage! Shouldn't the doctor have gave me a pregnancy test before prescribing???? HE DIDNT EVEN ASK! If anyone has any info please share!
thank u :'( :'(

I am having a similar problem... on Cymbalta(60 mg) and keep having early miscariages (2)

Last year I had been on Cymbalta 60mg, me and my partner decided to try for another baby so I stopped taking it.
Very shortly after I had stopped taking it I became pregnant but miscarried at 8 weeks :-( :-(
I know theres different reasons for miscarriage and most of them are beyond our control but I cant help thinking was it something to do with the Cymbalta and the fact that it may not have been totally out of my body. Maybe I'm wrong I guess I'll never know.
Anyway we tried again and now have a healthy 7 month old baby boy and no anti-depressants :-) :-)

i was on 60mg of cymbalta and i found out i was 8 weeks pregnant.
i stopped taking it and a week later had a misscarriage....
i blame the medicine...
now i struggle with even greater depression...
im sorry for your loss
may god bless you with a family

I WAS TAKEN CYMBALTA BUT AS SOON AS I FOUND OUT I STOP TAKEN THE MED. I WEEK LATER I STARTED BLEEDING HAD MISCARRIAGE. I WAS 6 WEEKS WHEN THE BABY STOPED GROWING. ASK MY DOCTOR IF THE MED COULD HAVE DONE THIS. DR SAID NO...... BUT WHEN I DO RESEARCH AND CAN POSSIBLY CAUSE DEFECTS.

Hi Everyone,!
I am so sorry to hear all ur stories and wish you all the best.My heart is with you
i am very scared as i have been taking Cymbalta 60mg for just over a month, also zanax, i have just found out i am pregnant.... I am going to stop taking it as of tonight, Do you really think this will lead to a misscarriage??? I have alredy been through one 2 yrs ago, and realy don't know how to handle another , after trying to fix my head right now....

Hi Star storm 7,
I was taking 60 mg cymbalta when I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. I talked to my ob and he put me on 30 mg to begin weaning me off. I began spotting at 5 1/2 weeks. At 6 1/2 weeks we saw the baby without a heartbeat. I miscarried at 7 weeks (week of June 26, 2009). I did not have a d & c. I opted to take meds to help my uterus contract. I wanted to avoid surgery. I do wonder if the cymbalta is to blame since it can cause heart defects in the third trimester. If I would have had a d & c they might have been able to check the tissue to see if the baby had any chromosomal defects. I am 40 years old so my eggs are older. I have two healthy children (9 & 13). I am so sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage.

My heart is breaking right now for you, me and all the other women that I have read about who are dealling with a miscarriage.

I would be careful going cold turkey because the withdrawal effects can be a shock to your system. Talk to your ob and your psychiatrist about weaning you off safely. Take care of yourself.

I am praying for you and your baby.

I have had the same problem with Cymbalta. Was on 90mg this time last year, got pregnant, weaned off and had an empty gestational sac (blighted ovum). Just went through the same thing again. I'm not going to go back on Cymbalta and hope that it will be better if/when we try again. It is devastating, and I'm sorry that you all have gone through this too. Perhaps it is the medication! My first child was a very easy pregnancy, no issues and all went well. I suspect that the Cymbalta has something to do with it. The withdrawal is also so hellacious that it wouldn't surprise me if it affected the baby.

i have been taking 60mg of cymbalta and just found out im pregnant getting side affects of cymbalta going cold turkey, Tomorrow is my first hospital visit i have no idea how far i am , i was also on asprin and had to stop that ,i have only been off them for 3 days reading all your posts ill keep posts on how im going but so far im about 6 wks preg at a guess and 3 days without cymbalta.
Worried

I have been on 90 mg/daily of Cymbalta for 7 years. Since June of last year I have had 3 miscarriages all at 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. The USFDA must do some testing on this issue and inform the public. Saying we don't have any information is not good enough. I at least want to see tests on animals (even though I am an animal lover) as I have lost 3 children now and it is too much to bear. My husband I have been through all kinds of testing available to determine a cause of our miscarriages and none was found. We went in at 6 weeks and no heartbeat. Is Cymbalta creating demons in my womb???

- Sad Mother in Texas

Just wanted to let all of you who are terrified & who are possibly scaring others who stumble upon this forum that there is no reason to "blame" this medicine...I have a history of fertility problems, had an ectopic pregnancy, had to do IVF to have my daughter, and had another miscarriage after my 2nd IVF, and later started Cymbalta as migraine prevention when we decided we were taking a break from trying. After several months on this medicine, we discovered that I was pregnant with my miracle baby (miracle, since I'm not supposed to be able to get preg w/out medical assistance.) I was on 90 mg, and came off it at around 7 weeks...my son is almost 2 & is incredibly intelligent (for his age.)

I understand your fear & pain at losing a baby, since I've lost also lost 2, but there are many factors in early pregnancy loss & unfortunately we usually never know what the true cause is.

Can taking cymbalta cause a miscarriage at 3months?

My boyfriend takes Cymbalta but I don't. Should we be worried about starting a family? I can't find an answer anywhere on the net so far.