I am taking 20mg of cymbalta and it is decreasing my libido

Cymbalta (duloxetine) is a multiple reuptake inhibitor. Drugs that block the re-uptake of serotonin, and this one does, will cause sexual problems.

Low libido, erectile dysfunction (more un common), delayed orgasm etc.

20mg is a low dose for anything. The dose range is quite restricted with this drug, but if my memory serves me correctly the standard dose is 60mg.

Is it a start up dose?

has anyone tried wellbutrin and not had a decrease in sex drive?

I have had serious problems with depression and post traumatic stress disorder since my early teens. I have been on all types of meds; paxil, zoloft, wellbutrin, klonopin, cymbalta, nortriptyline and various others. I found that with each one came crazy side effects. The wellbutrin had me shaking and twitching all of the time, but I never experienced decreased libido with it. I was recently put on cymbalta, and after 3 months of treatment I am feeling much better. From my experience, it does seem to cause decreased libido, and it make me feel pretty sluggish, even though my doc told me it would help to give me energy. I've found that the cymbalta, even though it decreases my libido, is more effective and valuable than the wellbutrin that made me jittery and shaky all of the time.

I take 60 mg of Cymbalta and have no libido. Its a killer of the sex drive.

I am currently taking 90 mg of cymbalta as it has been the ONLY anti-depressant that has worked for me for a significant amount of time. However, I have not seen my libido in years. My Dr. recently suggested that I add 150 mg of welbutrin to see if that would increase my libido, but I am skeptical. The 90 mg keeps me sane and I am scared to add anything else to the mix.

90 mgs of Cymbalta per day has crushed my sex drive and likewise my ability to get an erection.

I am on the second month of treatment with Cymbalta. It has made it impossible for me to orgasm. It has also improved my mood and lessened my depression immensely. I can still have sexual intercourse with my wife but can't climax. Maybe I need to take tantric sex lessons. :-D

ive been on cymbalta for almost 3 weeks now, i started on 30mg a day for a week, then my dr upped it to 60mg a day for a week, now im on 90mg a day for this next week and then going to 120mg a day and seeing how that goes. well i told him my side effects and one is that i cant get an erection for the last week and a half no matter what i do or watch , and i cannot climax, when i do get an erection , im having solid straight sexual intercourse for up to 3 hours with no climax, he suggest viagra lol....

I was on no medicines for 6 months. Visited doctor about my mild anxiety and depression and he prescribed cymbalta 30mg. The next day I was constantly thinking about sex and having sex up to four times per day. Incredibly difficult to have orgasm though!! Still after 45 days I am enjoying this great side effect. I do need viagara to get solid erection but I am turned on all the time!