I posted a mesage on this site awhile ago regarding my symptoms. I had been on depo for 13 years and I am 33 years old. I bled for about three months straight and I noticed that the bones in my legs, back and feet have started "popping" with every step. I have not gone to the GYN yet as my I have switched professions and I do not have insurance at this time. I do believe that I have some sort of osteoarthritis or osteoporosis at this point as this has never happened to me before. My question is why did these symptoms only come on after I stopped getting the shot? Maybe the hormones trying to return back to normal? As soon as I can get to the GYN I will definitely have a list of questions prepared.

As far as the bleeding, it was not a NORMAL PERIOD!! I had SEVERE blood clots. I seriously could have gone into any ER and would have been admitted. I was at my wits end, but then I found a juice that is full of antioxidants and whatnot, and two days after drinking that my period finally went off. That was about three weeks ago. I am curious as to when my period returns if it will be normal or not. I will repost when that happens.

vickysecret2000 wrote:

As far as the bleeding, it was not a NORMAL PERIOD!! I had SEVERE blood clots. I seriously could have gone into any ER and would have been admitted. I was at my wits end, but then I found a juice that is full of antioxidants and whatnot, and two days after drinking that my period finally went off. That was about three weeks ago. I am curious as to when my period returns if it will be normal or not. I will repost when that happens

What was the juice that you drank? Where did you find the juice? I am desperate to help my daughter who had this shot and has bled for 7 months. She went to a GYN and they could do nothing..

I feel for you!!! I am a past depo user... Loved not getting my period for several years but it took 12 months to get it to come back and it has never been the same.

Started off lasting only a day or 2 then 10 days then back to like 3 days and now it is a heavy bleeding mess of a nightmare. I have been off of it since 2003 and I swear the stuff is bad news.. here is a copy of what I wrote on another thread...

I was also on Depo for several years. I want to go on it again, but the side-effects are just not worth it. It not only messed with me emotionally, but screwed up with my hormones and caused thyroid problems to the extent that I had Hashimotos Thyroiditus (sp) and auto-immune disease. I was very sick and was told if IF I had not gone to the doctor, I may have died. I had been off of it for about 3 years at that point BUT the damage was done and got worse with no treatment.
I also began early menopause.. but with lots of meds and close doctor care I am now almost fully recovered and my estrogen is back up to a normal if not bit high level.

I loved.. absolutly LOVEd not having my period, that was the best part other than the sex was wonderful.... but for hubby and I, we are not going down that road again.... looking for new options now.

Good luck!
Thread... https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/abdomina-pain-nausea-on-depo-shot&hpr=ABDOMINA_PAIN_NAUSEA_ON_DEPO_SHOT_

hi,

Could I just ask, do you know ANY OTHER WAYS of stopping one's periods APART from depo?

I got a depo shot a month ago after complaining endlessly to my doc about PMS. I really regret it because it's now incapacitated me to the point of it being worse than if I had periods. The problem I had with reading some suggestions of going on prometrium on here were, I realise it doesn't stop your periods, it makes them lighter, but I have REALLY bad PMS.

I did the same thing you did. I must say I had a rude awakening that the Depo shot not only quadrupled my period as well as give me huge blood clots and endless bleeding Today I have not bled at all. it has been like a month and a half of bleeding pretty consistently the reason I got t he Depo shot was to curve my periods. I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE THERE >;)

Guest wrote:

vickysecret2000 wrote:

What type of juice I am desperate to quit bleeding.

hi ive had depo,done jan 7 and have been bleeding since they told me to do the advil regium 800mg of advil 3 times a day for five days,it didnt work,,pls help 8-|