Good Morning,

I was taking narcotic pills for my chronic radicular nerve pain as a result of surgery. I went to a new pain management doctor and he suggested the Duragesic Patch 75 (brought up from no luck with 50 ). This patch does take my pain away and the best part is it takes away that chant in my head that constantly said, 'pain-pain-pain'.

However, I will sit down to read or watch TV and will fall asleep without warning for up to 6 hours. I find this scary and with an upcoming full time job, will this keep happening? Is there any way to avoid it?

The other tablets I was taking did not take away my pain as well as this patch.

thank you!
nerve pain girl

This always happened to me when I was on the patch.
I had to start with 200mg. it did work for the pain at times when I first started using them. I wore 2- 100mg and found out to be allergic to the glue on the patch.
I think it will take some time to get used to the patch as long as they don't increase them too often.
It took me about 3 months to get used to them then I had to go back to narcotics for a little pain relief.
Hope all is good for you soon.Take care
Mist