Hi, I’ve used Sandoz patches for several months, and I still feel pain in my back. A friend recommended me to try Janssen patches, she says they’re better. Would anyone agree with her?

Hi, I was using sandoz patches six months ago, when I had a strong pain in my back. I injured my spinal cord, and needed a direct source of medicine. I was putting 75 mcg patch every day, and it partly relieved my pain. In the days of severe pain and agony, I was using some oral painkillers beside sandoz patches. It happened to me once that I forgot to take off an old patch, before I put a new one. I started feeling strange symptoms before I realized what I have done. I was also using Janssen patches for a while, because they didn’t have sandoz in my pharmacy. I have to say that I found sandoz a little better, maybe because I used them for a long time, I don’t know. A pharmacist told me later that these are exactly the same patches. You have to try them if you want to know their effect, because every person reacts differently to drugs. Maybe Janssen patches will be more effective for you.

I hope this is not to late to still be helpful. I have been on all three types of Fentanyl patches over the past 2-3 years I have had to use them for chronic headpain caused by nerve damage to my ocipital and trigeminal nerves (it basically feels like I have a migraine 24/7).
Anyway, the Sandoz and Janssen (Duragesic) are basically the exact same patch, as Janssen contracted Sandoz to provide a cirtified generic copy of Duragesic (their brand name fentanyl patch), although I have read that the adhesive and outter material for the Sandoz patch is slightly different being cheaper material to cut down on costs. That said some people actually like the Sandoz better; however, in my experience the Sandoz don't stick as well and I prefer the Janssen (Duragesic).
Now on the Mylan, the Mylan patch uses the same drug Fentanyl and is smaller, therefore seeming to stick better than bigger patches because it doesn't have to bend as much, and also leaves close to no sticky resedue (if the patches were all the same size though I think Janssen would be the stickest). However, the Mylan has a slightly different delivery system. Unlike the Sandoz and Janssen (which use a resevor to hold the gel version of the drug), Mylan incorporates the drug onto the adhesive backing. The down side of this is that where the Sandoz and Janssen have an membrane built into their patches to help regulate osmossis and the amount of drug flow, the Mylan patch depends solely on your skin and body to regulate the osmossis and amount of drug flow. So, the Mylan pack seems to be more uneven in maintaining a constant level of Fentanyl in your body- this can be esspecially true in skinner people with out as much fat and muscle at the application site to store the drug in.

Hope this helps.