In what started as a misguided effort to avoid back surgery, I got myself dependent on Percocet and Fentanyl. I'd appreciate someone to explain how to mix and match the drugs I have on hand so that I can finish detoxing and get my life back.

A month ago I was on a 50mcg Fentanyl patch and taking 140mg/day of Percocet. Now I'm down to 15mg/day of Percocet and am currently wearing my last 50mcg patch. My remaining inventory is one 25mcg patch, 75 Percocet 10/325's, and 30 tramadol ER 200's. I have to be clean and happy when those are gone because my Dr. won't give me any more prescriptions, not that I blame her.

I haven't taken any tramadol for months and don't know how useful it is during withdrawal. I read that the pain-killing equivalency of tramadol to oxycodone is roughly 170 / 30 but does it satisfy the opiate receptors at the same rate. Fentanyl 50 is reported to be roughly equivalent to 100mg/day of oxycodone but, again, does the body treat them the same? I've read so much about the nightmares of coming off Fentanyl that I'm worried that it is much harder to wean off than is Percocet.

Can anybody tell me how best to manage all this stuff to be totally detoxed in 17-18 days? It's not the math I need help with but someone who understands how these drugs relate to one another and knows how much Percocet equals how much Fentanyl and how Ultram ER can be used in the mix, etc. The Fentanyl 50 patch will come off at midnight on Sep 2, the 25mcg patch applied, it comes off 60 hours later, then it's nothing but pills.

I understand where you were coming from when you wrote this.

Asking for help.

I'm here doing the same thing now, I'm on a 100mcg/h fentanyl patch, and usually take 20 percs a day. I cut down drasticly over the past 3 days and I feel like im going to die. Im just trying to get through this.

hey put last patch on and take half percocet every 3hrs leave patch on at least 5 days and keep taking percocet until gone go to any walk in clinic and be honest with them and tell them you want methadone to reduce withdrawls 5 mg will be plenty enough the physician will shake your hand and tell you thanks for being honest and goodluck when day 17 and 18 come drink beer for a couple days reducing consumption as te days pass

For goodness sake people! If withdrawing is your purpose, you should leave it up to the DOCTOR on record to map a plan for you. You have no clue on how to effectively complete this very complex procedure. That's what what we go to school 8-10 years as well, interning and completeing residency programs for! If your Doctor leaves this process to you, than surely I wonder what kind of Doctor you sought out. Make an appt. with a pain specialist at once for this procedure. It doesn't have to be a painful experience!!

Don't listen to that last reply. I am on 50mcg Fentanyl Duragesic and Oxycodone and am trying to counteract the withdrawl from the patches with my oxycodone supply. I am not prescribed the Duragesic, so I can't ask a doctor to help me. All they are going to do is take me off the oxycodone and throw me in a rehab. I know it now, and can't take that chance. I do have chronic pain in my lower lombar part of my back (L1, and L2) along with a hairline fracture of my coxxic bone (Tail) and it's no fun, Especially when the rehab takes my stuff away and I am left all over with bad pain again. I was placed under "Suboxone" treatment that was going quite well with the specialist, but I remained in pain. I told that doctor about it and he blew me off like I didn't say anything. I stopped going to him, and went back to opioids. I have ONLY found relief from narcotic pain relievers, and that's that. It's just the Fentanyl I am afraid of. I am so used to having it on that it doesn't get me high anymore, but it treats the pain. That's what I needed. Keep your head up bud, things have a way of turning out even or better..

***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**

i was on percocet 10/325 for 4 years then i decide that i dont want to do it any more cause my last year i got out of controll with it so i told my doctor and he sent me to a doctor who did suboxone treatment and this stuff works good just about 6 months on that and the last month of useing it i was slowly taken off cause you can withdraw from it and i told my doctor that and he said i was bs so i said ima stay on it and did it my self by breaking the pills in half and after all that i was my normal self and i had about 60 of them left i help a friend of mine that was on oxys bad and till this day me and my friend are still clean hope you can get the help you need but if your doctor gives you percocets they must get you help with the withdraw thats what i was told and i also read a thing online were a guy was on the perks for 5 years and we all know it takes a week to 2 weeks when you first get them for pain and then you relize dam your screwed so anyway this guy sued his doctor and finnaly got what he needed after makeing a $100,000 law suite so think about it any doctor will know that if the prescribe a pain med for more then a month they are gonna have to give it to you for life or when its time have to get you the help you need for withdraw anyway have good luck with this

ii am going threw same thing. But I fill in 3 days. Missing 4 days...but have percs.

Are wdraws from fentynal manageable with Percocet.or oxcycodone ?

..having a hard time getting patches to stick.!!!!! Missing days.
.been on a 25mg for a month going up to a 50mg & off oxcycodone down to Percocet.
Oxcycodone withdraws different than fentanyl???