I NEED HELP ANSWERING SOME QUESTIONS AND MAYBE SOME ADVISE ON DURAGESIC/FENTAYNL PATCHES. I HAVE BEEN ON THESE PATCHES FOR OVER 2 YRS I AM ON 100MCG AND CANT AFFORD THE COSTS OF THIS MEDICATION AT THE MOMENT. I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO REFILL FOR MORE PATCHES UNTIL THE FIRST OF AUG THE PROBLEM IS I HAVE MY LAST PATCH ON AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT WITHDRAWLS I AM GOING TO GO THRU AND FOR HOW LONG. IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVISE ON ANY OTHER MEDICATION THAT WILL HELP ME DURING THE NEXT 10DAYS UNTIL I CAN REFILL MY MEDS PLEASE ADVISE ME THANK YOU.

MICHELLE

Dear Michelle: Can I ask why you have been on Fentanyl so long and what for? I can help you a bit further before you do anything drastic OK?

By taking 8 to 10 tablets of Imodium AD (which is a weak synthetic narcotic), I was able to bypass withdrawal symptoms of hydrocodone interruption. As I understand it, Imodium AD will not pass the brain barrier to get pain relief or euphoria, but it will strongly mitigate (and possibly completely eliminate) all withdrawal symptoms. I felt 300% better, calmer, at peace, within an hour of taking six tablets, on my third day of painkiller withdrawal. After that, I took more Imodium AD every other day for about five to seven days as symptoms came up, and weaned off both hydrocodone and the less strong Imodium. Can't remember any withdrawal symptoms that weren't easily treated within an hour