I started the Duragesic patches about a month ago instead of Percocet, and did not have a problem with using them other than inadequate pain relief. However, when I filled my last prescription, I got the generic instead of the brand and they will not remain stuck. Whenever I sweat they come off, with no warning, and within a matter of hours of applying them, so in a little over a week I have applied 7 patches, but have not had any one of them on for even half a day. I am following the instructions in the insert and I have left 2 messages for my doctor since last week, but have gotten no response. I did not have this problem with the Duragesic brand or, for that matter with any adhesive patches. So I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

I have used the Duragesic patches for several years, but I recently received the new Mylan fentanyl patches, and I have to say that I absolutely love them. I find they stick much better than the Duragesic. However, I have not tried the Sandoz, and will choose not to. I have had all of the same problems with the Duragesic that others here are having with the Sandoz brand. From my experience, the Duragesic patches have never been worth much on the third day. I have found that the Mylan patch is more sensitive to heat fluctuation (both hot and cold) than the Duragesic. In fact, once while sitting in a hot tub, I realized I was getting buzzed, something that has never happened to me with Duragesic.

Yes, I guess it is pretty common regardless of the type of duragesic to have it not stick well on some people especially if you sweat alot. My patches used ot fall off in an hour... But I found a solution... If you cover the patch with "Tegaderm" 3m Nexcare is the name brand but the store brand is half the price (about $5 for 8 patches) and works just as well. You can find it by the band aids as it is a transparent dressing... I hope this helps you out it worked really well for me. (Figured you needed an answer to your actual question ;-) )

But when your Doctor wants to take you off the patch be sure they ween you properly the withdrawal is hell... I am currently in that situation... :'(

Better than Tegaderm which is expensive, Johnson and Johnson has a program that will send you 50 Bioclusive Overlays (Their brand of Tegaderm), every 90 days, that you put over the Duragesic patch to keep it from coming off. Literally, that stuff won't come off no matter how many showers you take or how sweaty you are. The number is: 1-800-526-7736. Good luck!

I am surprise you did not die. I am so glad you are hear to tell your story. When Duragesic brand was switched to I call no name. I was pissed so I used plenty of tape regular and construction tape or I put them under my bra, bikini top, bottoms. what ever worked but do not use more than perscibed. GOOD LUCK!!!