Hi! Recently, doctor prescribed me Duragesic, this drug killing me! I don’t feel pain, but I don’t feel anything else. Tell me what you know about this drug. I think that is very dangerous, like some narcotic.

Hi! Duragesic is a drug 100 times stronger than morphine with effects similar to heroin. Duragesic is held in a gel in the pain patch and is supposed to be released in controlled doses into the patient’s bloodstream by absorption through the skin. If the wrong dose is administered, the patient can suffer an overdose that may be fatal. Duragesic can cause serious and possibly fatal side effects. Duragesic should only be used by patients with chronic pain who are already using narcotic medicines. Duragesic should not be used for short-term pain. Only patients who are opoid tolerant should use Duragesic. You should check with your doctors to find out if you are, and you should discus about side effects of this drug. Side effects can be very serious.

my cousin died from durgestic overdose 28 years old