Three months in, the honeymoon with methadone was over. my doctor figured the equivalent dose on another narcotic might do the trick. I was prescribed the Duragesic patch, also known as fentanyl patch. The advantage of the patch was that it maintained a steady dose of the drug around the clock, but the dose he switched me to wasn't exactly equivalent. By day 7 off the patch, a migraine rendered me unable to walk. I can make it to the car for the trip to the emergency room, but this time the nausea and vomiting was so bad my parents called an ambulance. After a night in the hospital, with a cocktail of IV drugs in me and a steady drip of a narcotic that's a tad more potent than morphine. my neurologist ordered me off the fentanyl patchI got to withdraw from methadone addiction.

I have used the Duragesic patches for few years, but I recently received the new fentanyl patches. If you ask me they are great. I find they stick much better than the duragestic. I have had all of the same problems with the Duragesic that others here are having with the Sandoz brand. From my experience, the Duragesic patches have never been worth much on the third day. I have found that they are more sensitive to heat fluctuation (than the Duragesic. I am surprised that you have such a bad experience with fentanyl patch, maybe because it is methadone withdrawal.

know two people who had bad expereiences. one of whom may have died from the fentanyl...

just wanted to ask...the two people whom died from fentanyl...was this from an overdose, withdrawl, the patch leaking----just wondering. I've never heard of someone dying from fentanyl before except when they abused it. ???