I NEED HELP ANSWERING SOME QUESTIONS AND MAYBE SOME ADVISE ON DURAGESIC/FENTAYNL PATCHES. I HAVE BEEN ON THESE PATCHES FOR OVER 2 YRS I AM ON 100MCG AND CANT AFFORD THE COSTS OF THIS MEDICATION AT THE MOMENT. I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO REFILL FOR MORE PATCHES UNTIL THE FIRST OF AUG THE PROBLEM IS I HAVE MY LAST PATCH ON AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT WITHDRAWLS I AM GOING TO GO THRU AND FOR HOW LONG. IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVISE ON ANY OTHER MEDICATION THAT WILL HELP ME DURING THE NEXT 10DAYS UNTIL I CAN REFILL MY MEDS PLEASE ADVISE ME THANK YOU. :'(

I was on the duragesic/fentanyl patch 75mcg-100mcg for 6 months. I decided to make the decision that I wanted to discontinue usage. I went into a facility and was put on methadone for 1 week. This was not an easy withdrawl for me. Those who were on heroin had a better withdrawl than I did. I became psycotic for a week and it took a few months to pull myself together. I went through memory loss,sensory perception and other effects . I had a hard time and perhaps this will not happen to you,everyone is different. I am unsure if the facility that I used was not accustomed in handling this type of withdrawl . I was told by my MD that the withdrawl would be difficult.

I would advise you to talk with your pain management MD and ask what will be the ramifacations before you decide. If you have any questions feel free to email me.