Hi, I have a chronic cancer pain. I tried many medicines, but it hurts so bad, nothing really helped me. A few days ago, I heard from a friend that duragesic patch helps with similar conditions. I could really use some other opinions too.

Hi, I don’t know if duragesic patch would help you, but my mother had no luck with this medicine at all. It didn’t increase her pain for one moment. After 2 months, she was still not "responding" to the duragesic patch, so she looked for another medicine. However, if you decide to try, you should know some things. This drug delivers a continuous dose of fentanyl through the skin for a period of 72 hours. Fentanyl is a strong narcotic painkiller that is used when the other drugs fail to provide relief. The patch should be applied to a flat surface such as back or chest, but before applying don’t use any creams or oils, so the contact with the skin could be complete. I really hope you will be luckier than my mother was, and that this drug will relief your pain.