I got my period 12 days early and it has been light then heavy and has been a mixture of red and brown blood. Now it is black and some is stringy. It has been 7 days and it is still going strong. I have been on ortho tri cyclen for a month. I missed 2 pills this month but dont know if that would have anything to do with it. My period usually lasts 5 days and it normally reddish brown. Can u help me?

I also started this pill(ortho tri cyclen) last year, and I too missed a pill. But only one. My period started I started taking the pills that same Sunday, but my period never stopped. I finally quit taking the pills after almost 30 days of constant bleeding. It took about 2 months for my body to get back to normal. Now, I am back to the natural method. I dont know how old you are,however I am 30, and was told by a nurse that that pill may not be strong enough for someone of my age. I would check w/your doctor about switching to another form if you want to stay on the pill.