I am so thrilled to find this website and forum! I have tried to get off Effexor in the past and have failed, but reading of others who have suffered also will make it easier to try again. This time I will succeed! The heavy sweating, the weight gain and the side effects from withdrawal convince me that there is a better way to deal with depression. This is a scary drug and i have been on it for 4 years. Thanks to everyone who has shared their story.
I am taking 300mg per day but tomorrow I will reduce the dosage to 225. It will take months to remove this drug completely from my system but I now know it can be done. Thank you and good luck to all of you on this same journey. :-D

I just got off 225mg a day of effexor by taking myself down slowly and even taking the meds every other day and then every third day. I came off with no side effects other than some pretty significant weight loss. But it just translates to losing the weight I put on when I started taking the effexor. I took the medicine for 12 years and it took me a year and a half to get off of it with no withdrawal, but doing out gradually was worth it.