I am not so young so during my life I learn something about endometriosis too. I know that is painful chronic disease that occurs when tissue like that which lines in uterus or so called endometrium is found outside the uterus. I was thinking that is enough for me to know this, but lately I have noticed some strange symptoms with me. I have pain before and during periods, which I never had before, and some more. I would like to know just a little bit more about endometriosis and what causes it?

Because you said correctly what endometriosis is, I will tell you that occurs usually in the abdomen on the ovaries, fallopian tubes and ligaments that support the uterus. Also the area between the vagina and rectum can be with endometriosis. Less commonly that happens in bladder, bowel, vagina, cervix, vulva, and in abdominal surgical scars. Only sometimes they are found in the lung, arm, thigh, and other locations. Cause of endometriosis is unknown for now. There is retrograde menstrual theory that suggests how during menstruation some of the menstrual tissue backs up. Usually it goes through the fallopian tubes, implants in the abdomen and grows. Some experts believe that every women experience some menstrual tissue back up. Normally, immune system doesn’t allow growth, but hormonal problems allow this tissue to grow in women who develop endometriosis. Some other theories suggest that endometrial tissue is distributed from uterus through the lymph system or through the blood system to other parts of the body. There is also and genetic theory that suggests that it may be carried in genes in families.

Here is some causes of endometroisis
1. Cysts :About 60% of women have endo developing cysts in the ovaries. They can be small or large and are filled by endometrial blood shed at each period.
2. too much estrogen caused by unhealthy diet of over supply of omega 6 fatty acid and protein.
3. a retrograde flow of menstrual blood backwards
4. hormone imbalance caused by over producing of prostaglandins and leukotrienes
5. Weaken immune system
6. change to the tissue covering the uterine wall
7.intrauterine migration caused by endo cell lining the womb push into the uterine muscles
8. inflammation resulting of weaken immune system
9. iatrogenic origin caused by some form of medication
10. endo cells travel from uterus to lymph or blood circulatory system
11. Genetic factor
12. bad estrogen over load (xenoestrogen)
13. sex during menstruation caused by lose endo tissue through the fallopian tubes
14. stress and emotion factors
15. nutritional deficiency.
16. environment factor