Hi

My ex-girlfriend from back in the day has told me that she bleeds from her anus when she mensutrates. I've tried to cconvince her to see her doctor about it but she's is too shy. What do you think it could be.

Regards from England

She definately needs to go to a doctor

This is very uncommon and this rectal bleeding wouldn’t be called menstrual. I can think of just one reason why a woman would experience bleeding from rectum during pregnancy. It is very likely that this woman suffers from endometriosis.
This is a disorder in which endometrium (uterine lining) that grows during menstrual cycle and prepares the uterus for the implantation besides uterus grows also on other places inside the pelvic cavity. The most common organs that endometrial cells grow are ovaries, Fallopian tubes, bladder and bowels.
When pregnancy doesn’t occur, this endometrial lining breaks down and is shed from the uterus through vagina outside and this is what we call a period. When the lining grows on other organs, during periods it would also like to go out but has no place to go.
This is when the symptoms start occurring. The most common symptoms are painful menstrual cramps, chronic pelvic pain, pain during or after sex, intestinal pain, painful bowel movements or painful urination during menstrual periods, heavy menstrual periods, premenstrual spotting or bleeding between periods, etc
If a woman experienced rectal bleeding during her periods I would think that she has developed endometriosis on her bowels and that she should certainly have it checked, so that she could get rid of the symptoms.

i know someone having the same issue and the doctor said it could be a fisula u can read up on it 

it could be whats called a fisula