SO glad I found this site, it’s now 2am, and not a wink of sleep,had injection bilaterally in my neck. Would I choose this treatment again? The jury is out until another few days have passed. It’s good and reassuring to hear other people have had this happen, then after a day or two sleep reverts back to normal. THANK YOU GUYS. Will sleep for a whole week afterwards I reckon.

had knee injection a day ago. Lay in bed from before midnight until 8.30am the next morning - completely awake. Then slept 30 minutes. That was it. Got up at 11am having only had 30 mins sleep. It's now 1.23 am the following day and I'm going to try and go to bed. We'll see how that works.

I had my first cortisone injection in my knee yesterday at 10 am. Went to sleep as normal last night but woke up at 3 a.m. wide awake. It's 4:25 and I don't feel sleepy at all. I normally fall asleep immediately and sleep for 7 or 8 hours so I'm not liking this, but if the cortisone helps my knee it's a price I'll have to pay. Hoping it will subside after a day or two.

had shots yesterday and am awake right now! 6:30am...im always asleep very quickly!

Ha. I feel everyone's pain. Had 3 cortisone Injections into different joints 8am this morning. Ran around cleaning the house, mowing lawns , and doing every deferred chore all day until 10pm. Super jacked and productive. It's now 1am and no chance of sleep. Phew. Hope it wears off soon!

I got my first cortisone shot in my left knee today, 12/12/17 around 3:00 pm in the afternoon. I fall to sleep easily every night. I can’t sleep and I’m
Wide awake at 11:38 and I go to bed by 8 pm
Nightly. Has to be cortisone shot keeping me awake and I’m not in pain. Dr. did not tell me to expect any side effect.

I too had a cortisone this morning at 10:30 I'm still awake at 6:00 am the next day !
Strange

Same boat with everyone here! Had a cortisone injection around lunch today. Now it’s 2:44 and I’m into 4 pages of insanely productive project planning for my work & side gigs. Mind you I’m lame party the type that stay up past 11pm on a Friday. I think I’ll plan to go to a rave next time after getting a shot. But really I hope I can avoid them in the future. I had another one a while ago and the experience was nothing like this. I think I’ll pass next time.

* cant’ stay up *2:44am :(((

I had my first steroid injection yesterday for both hips. It's 6:30 a.m. now and I did not sleep at all last night. This was not a side effect that they warned me about. I wish they had.

I cant stay awake,,,,at the injection the nurse I heard her say u got to stay awake, I could not help it, by time they got in the wheelchair I was asleep again with my head hung over and than at home fell asleep with food in my mouth and it was at 5am injection, and noe its 11pm

I love sweets at night. A real problem for me!

I am so glad to have found this thread! I had a cortisone shot in my left knee last Friday and have Not had a good nights sleep since! The cortisone shot is the only thing different. I am so happy to read that others have had the same problem I was really beginning to think I was losing my mind because the doctors will not say this is a side effect. Really hoping I will be able to sleep sometime soon........

Had a Steroid shot in my knee yesterday about 2pm. It’s now 02:15AM.. I’m wide awake! Usually go to bed by 10pm.
Thanks for posting this thread! It gave me reading material for my new found insomni! ☺️

I just had my first shot in my knee at noon today. It is 5:30am and I am wide awake. It's the shot!