I had a cortisone shot in my knee two days ago. The first night I had
difficulty staying asleep. The same occurred the second night (yesterday).
It was not due to pain but I just couldn't sleep any longer than an hour or two before waking and then it took an hour or two to get back to sleep.
Could this be caused by the cortisone shot?

Yes, the last 2 times I've had cortisone shot in the shoulder, couldn't sleep the first night

for more that 20/30 minutes at a time. Probably got about 3 hours sleep, in almost 8 hours

in bed.

Had a cortisone shot today in the elbow (Tennis Elbow) went to bed that night & in laying in bed for about 7 hours I would of gotten about only got roughly 20 minutes of sleep. Didnt know if it was because of the cortisone but the more I read I truely believe it is. I also have a real sore back which I never have a sore back which is adding to the NO sleep. I'm sure thats from the cortisone as well.  The specialist said to give it atleast 48 hours until everything settles down. Fingers crossed!