I had a cortisone injection in my foot. It did wonders and the pain has yet to return. I had none of the symptoms being described today, and in fact had one of the best sleeps EVER! I am so happy this medication has worked so well, since the last thing I want is surgery. Thank you Mr Podiatrist, and thank you CORTISONE!

TOM...I'M GLAD I LOOKED THIS UP....I HAD KNEE SHOT WED...THAT EVE WENT TO SLEEP FOR 30 MIN OR SO...THEN UP OFF AND ON ALL NITE...HAPPY TO HAVE AN ANSWER....WE'LL SE ETONITE

It’s 4;30 am. And still wide awake and wondering what I did differently yesterday...turns out I had a steroid shot in my knee. That’s what caused me to search whether this is a known issue and looks like it is...wide awake. Tick tock

Thank god I found this! It’s 3:18 am and I have only slept less than 3 hours. Had a cortisone injection in my hip yesterday and other than being really hungry felt okay until this insomnia! At least I know the cause but I hope this doesn’t last.

Had a steroid injection in my hip for all over body inflammation yesterday morning. I fell asleep yesterday afternoon for about an hour but now it's 3am and I haven't slept a bit.

Oh my gosh I thought I was imagining this. I had one in my knee at11 am today. Still up also had a slight headache. I feel very jittery.

I had a cortisone shote yesterday and the same happened to me. So I am curious that when I look up the side effects it does not mention anything about sleeping trouble. What's up with that?

Hi all! I am 47 y/o female and I too had a steroid shot yesterday morning and it’s now 4:06 am following day and no sleep at all tossed and turned all night . I need my sleep

I had a cortizone shot in my shoulder two days ago. I take sleep medications that usually knock me out. The first night, they didn't help me to sleep. The second night I doubled my Seroquil and Xanax even adding Tylenol PM. I still was up all night. I am absolutely certain the insomnia is directly related to the injection. My shoulder pain is gone, but I can't sleep. I am wondering how long this will last. Would someone please tell me how many nights this might last? Thanks to everyone for sharing insomnia experiences after cortizone injections.

I think it’s different for everyone but I got shot recently and the insomnia lasted about a week. I already have issues with insomnia anyway, but the shot made it so much worse. I wish doctors would warn you about this side effect. Hope yours gets better soon.

Hi, I had a cortizone injection in my hip burstitus yesterday at abou 11am. No pain with needle. Felt a bit light headed through the day. Went to bed at 10pm, still awake at 6:30 am not a minute's sleep !
Hope this resolves itself today. Fee like I'm stirring porrige !!

I had two cortisone shots yesterday at 10am. One in my knee and one in my shoulder for old but lingering injuries. It’s now 7am the following day and I didn’t sleep a wink last night. I don’t feel normal but I’m not very tired. My eyes and head hurt a little. I just took an ibuprofen for that. Now, I’ll see if I can make it through today with crashing. Just thought I’d share as the thread helped me understand what was going on with me about 4am last night. Thanks

I am relieved to read this. went to bed at 12, it's now 2:49. Wide awake. If I had to work tomorrow I would be concerned

I had the same thing. First cortisone shot ever and it didn’t hurt. I developed migraine like symptoms and I haven’t slept at all. I had the shot around noon and it is 5:05 am. I even took a pain reliever at bed time as a precaution for pain. Usually the pain reliever knocks me out. I have tossed and turned all night and am wide awake. I feel like I am in a constant state of fight or flight. I hope this is a temporary side effect.

Yes injection today up all night!