I also had my first steroid injection in my knee this morning. It is now 2:30am and there is no signs that I will be asleep anytime soon. I have a big day planned for tomorrow, so hopefully I will sleep soon.
God night (fingers crossed)

3:55 am here and I had my first cortisone shot around 4:30pm yesterday and I'm wide awake. Hence this post. The relief in my knee is worth every waking minute though. I have no idea what else they shot me up with, but I can at least bear weight on the leg. I have a follow up next week and will run any complaints past my Dr then. I am self-employed​ so I see a few cat naps in my immediate future.

I experience the exact same symptoms with added eyes semsitive to light too

Same thing happened to me, first shot in knee, I've had 2 hours sleep all night!

I am new here but am having same side effects...three a.m. and I am extremely jittery and can't sleep and if I did doze off for a few minutes I had really weird disturbing dreams. Just wondering how long this might last.

I had my second cortisone shot for my hip. I will be having hop replacement surgery in 6 weeks. Once again insomnia. I have been up since 1:00 AM and I'm not tired. I feel like I had a chocolate bunny and a pot of strong coffee. The last time this lasted 3 days. I hope it goes away soon but I an enjoying being pain free in my hip and knee. There is nothing that does not have a side effect.

I had a steroid shot in my rump for medical reasons at 3p. Little to no pain from shot,but got home went to bed at 10 tossed and turned till 2 had to get up at 3a for work. so got out of bed @ 2a. I have been wide open since the shot and NO sleep for 34 hrs!! The shot is the only thing I can think of that is causing this. I know I need sleep but cannot. hope this doesnt last much longer. I usually sleep very well until now.

well, I got a steroid shot yesterday around 3:30pm due to severe allergies (I have barely been able to talk all week etc), stayed up till around midnight with storms in our area but then headed to bed, laid there a few min and didn't even feel sleepy so got up and read awhile, went back to bed and same thing happened - did this like 2 more times throughout the night, letting my dog out once! I was still up and awake at 7am! Think I did sleep an hour before I needed to get up! So it sounds like from the rest of you all that this can be a side effect of steroid shots for some people.

This is awful 4:00am and still awake after kenalog injection at 9 am this morning. I am hoping this goes away and soon. I could at least sleep with the pain this is ridiculous.

I had the same reaction on the first shot.

I am having same results ,but it will get better in a day or two.

Yep first cortisone shots into both knees today at noon. It's 3am and here I am. Some people say no it doesn't affect you but here I am. Affected.

I had a cortisol last night into my shoulder, was awake for 2 1/2 last night. Been awake tonight since 1.30 it's now 4.00am still wide awake. I'm dreading as next month I'm having multiple steroids into both my feet under a ga for midfoot arthritis, god I reckon I'll not sleep fir a week them

I get injections in my knees all the time and also don't sleep the night I get them..

I had a cortisone shot in the hip area last Thursday. The next day I started having a flushed face & insomnia. Normally I sleep extremely well. I am exhausted!! How long does the insomnia last?