I just had one hip replaced. I am facing getting the other hip done. However we winter in Fl. and could not get it done in time to go. The Dr. said I could get hip injections however they were very painful to get. Is this true? And could they sedate you before giving.\\\\

Thank you\
Judy

I think that the doctor is talking about how painful it is after you get it, and from what my understanding the injections typically are more painful. What do you think? Does anyone else have experience?

Just had my first injection in the hip yesterday. I found that it hurts. I dont notice any difference yet but am told the steroid injection that goes with it should take effect in 2-3 days and that by 2-3 weeks should be able to tell if it will work or not.

I've had a series of 3 syndic in my hip. I have osteoarthritis and bone spurs in my left hip. I have limited movement, a slight limp and mild to medium pain when walking. Synvisc definitely is a good temporary help. The injections themselves are not pleasant but not that bad. I was issued a local anasthetic then the Synvisc... I'd describe the feeling as more weird than painful, as the first injection numbs most of the feeling in the joint. After a few days I felt better and certainly enjoyed a greater range of movement, reduction in pain and a less pronounced limp. I had the injections over 3 weeks late in 2011... The only catch is, here in Australia they aren't cheap. It cost about $800AUD which is roughly $750USD and I'm thinking I'm about due for a new dose.