My husband is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and is about to start with rebif injections treatment. I don’t know absolutely anything about rebif injections and would like to know how they’re supposed to help him and what are the possible side effects of rebif injection? Thanks.

Hi there! Seems like both of us have the same problem with our husbands for my husband also suffer from MS. Anyway rabif injection is of drugs group called interferons and rebif injection treatment is thought to have some important biological affects in patients with MS for it is proven that rebif injections has important role in fighting the disease. Anyway as you suppose it rebif is given in a form of injection under the skin 3x a week. And that’s how my husband arranged the rebif injection treatment schedule – we have his nurse coming on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so we have our week-ends off. My advice is that your husband takes the rebif injection just before his bedtime for in that way he might escape possible rebif injection side effects such as fatigue and frustration as well as flu-like symptoms. And make sure that nurse doesn’t hit him the injection on the same spot at least next 7 days for it may get swelled and be painful and in case of permanent redness or swelling of the spot where injections are given you better see a doc.