I wake up every morning with the pain in my knee. It is painful and stiff and usually warm and red. I need more then an hour to make it work and move, and even then I feel constant pain and discomfort. I have heard that there are some injections that I can take to get better. I believe that they are called Synvisc. How effective is SYNVISC for rheumatoid arthritis?

I am taking Synvisc for rheumatoid arthritis. I can say that it has helped me a lot. The procedure is not as painful as you may think. People usually have aversion from putting needles in their bodies. But it may help you a lot. By that injection you get product that mimic naturally occurring body substance. It will provide you temporary relief of pain and flexible joint movement. It really works good, try it.

Hi Patric With a recent visit to my Specialist He mentioned  Syn Visc to assist with my the pain due to RA.  How has it helped you? and how long ago did you have the procedure done? and if you dont mind:} What did it entail, I'm very curious cause from being into fitness in a general sense living with RA has now taken away the priveldge of engaging in Sport such as kayaking biking and tae bo etc etc and now all I can manage is swimming around 4 times a week! However don't want to bore you and look forward to your response!  Many thanks to! Sandy

Hi Aa,

my doc also recommended using this drug.  I must admit I am surprised as I have good knees. Has anyone used this for hands and feet? I am trying to stay off the biologicals. 

thanks!