DOES HEALTH INSURANCE COVER SYNVISC INJECTIONS, I HAVR UNITED HEALTHCARE IN FLORIDA, I HAVE CONSTANT [PAIN IN MY KNEES AND THEY SWELL UP AT TIMES WITH WATER, I HAVE GOTTEN CORTESONE SHOTS IN THE PAST WHICH HELPED, MY ORTHOPEDIC DOCTOR RECOMMENDED SYNOVIAL FLUID INJECTIONS.
THANK YOU

Synvisc injections should be covered by your health insurance if it's necessary. It sounds like you do need them so your health insurance should cover them, but I don't work for them. I think it'd be a good idea for you to call them and double check with them. If you're really unsure, you might even want to ask for them to give it to you in writing! I know it's a pain dealing with health insurance companies sometimes so I usually ask them to do that myself. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

United Health Care did not cover my wifes injections. I did call and got the typical: if the Doctor is prescribing it it will be covered. But I should have gotten it in writting (my fault) ...Now we're out $3000 ! BUT my wife's knee is better. I guess they don't care about that only that they didn't have to pay.

Just found out from my doctor that medicare doesn't cover any of the injectable gels.I now have to get cortizone shots instead which evetually tear my knee up. I guess its cheaper for insurance companies to pay for replacement instead of repair. You know, kinda like a car.

Do not get Anthem. They will pay for a knee replacement but not for a simple gel injection. Sounds fishy to me